Search

Alhambra

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Jaosn

Alhambra

I went to the Alhambra web site to order advance tickets for Monday the 23rd. The site had no available tickets on that day. I am expecting to be in Granada, what are my chances of seeing the Alhambra?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:51 AM
RC

Not to be patronizing, but did you use this web address:<BR><BR><BR>http://w3.grupobbva.com/ALHAMBRA/alhambra/home_ING.html<BR><BR>If you can't get a reservation, you may try getting there VERY early. Otherwise, you may be out of luck.<BR>

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Bill Fleites

I don't think you should have any troubles getting a ticket. It's a big palace and while there I didn't see them refusing tickets to anyone. When I went, I actually made a reservation for a guided tour through my hotel for the day after I arrived. Check with your hotel to see if they can get tickets or make reservations for you.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:02 AM
cb

If you can not get in during the day, there are also tickets for night visits on some days (Tues, Thurs, Sat 10-midnight ?); however, there are areas you won't be able to see.<BR>As I recall, the ticket is only for the palace of the nazarites (alcazar ?). I can be mistaken, but I think you will still be able to see other areas.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Dolby

I phoned to reserve our tickets in advance and paid using credit card. The call centre agent gave me a reference number and we present ourself at the ticket line at the Alhambra with a passport to get the tickets. The number that I called is the BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria) telephone banking who handles the advance ticket sales for the Alhambra. I found this in the Alhambra official website:<BR>www.alhambra.org, then pick your language, and go to information, then on that page click on tickets. You cannot buy tickets through this site but it offers info to do so. The telephone number that I called was 34 913 465 936. <BR>Otherwise, people queue up really early to get same day tickets. We arrived at the Alhambra at around 8:15am and the line was already quite long (can't see the end from the front). That was end of August we went. <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 02:34 PM
roger

Try getting your tickets through your hotel concierge.