Notices

Alhambra Hotel London

Old Feb 17th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alhambra Hotel London

Tripadvisor gives overall good reviews.

I have booked a basic room here, since I am looking for a low cost lodging option. I have never been to London. So want to be sure this is a good location for seeing the sights and theater in the evening. I plan on using the buses and tube and find they are very well run and offer access to everywhere.

I do have to leave this hotel the last day, and make my way to Southampton by 2pm. I see there is a bus and train. Do either have an advantage of ease of getting over the other??
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do not know that hotel at all and it may be fine - but just a few things to consider:

Did you get a single w/ shower/WC? If so, the website lists a rate of £65. That is a lot for that type of hotel.

Also note there is no photo of a single - probably w/ good cause. The singles are listed at 7 sq meters, which is tiny.

The hotel is basically across the street from St Pancras and Kings Cross stations. The area has picked up a lot w/ all the redevelopment but still not where I'd stay if I had a choice.

Trains for Southampton leave from Waterloo station so you could stay near there. Or you could stay near Victoria and take the National Express coach to Southampton. There are loads of inexpensive hotels around Victoria.
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The location is certainly not in central London and you would need to use the subway every time you go out.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the replys. This information is extremely valuable. Do you have any recommendations for budget lodging in Victoria?? This is an accessable area to the major attractions??
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what is your budget?

Victoria is very accessible - walking distance to Buckingham Palace, the river, Tate Britain, Westminster, etc.

Here is one good hotel to check out in the same sort of price range or a bit cheaper than the Alhambra, but there are are many others for even less http://www.lunasimonehotel.com/
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am looking for budget. I got a 55 pounds rate at the Alhambra. Would definately like something in that range, if possible.

Thanks so much for your help.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try the Georgian House Hotel at Victoria - the rooms are small but clean and rate includes a very adequate cooked breakfast.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes - the Georgian House is another really good option. £55 for an ensuite single.

There are other cheaper hotels in the same neighborhood, but Luna and Simone and the Georgian House are both recommended . . . .