London Hotel Suggestion

Aug 4th, 2004, 08:02 AM
jay
Original Poster

London Hotel Suggestion

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel within walking distance of Victoria Station?
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM

There are lots of postings about hotels in this area of London. Try searching with the words London, hotel and Victoria.
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM

Here's just one thread on the subject found by typing hotel near victoria station in the text search above. I personally would email Mr. Ben Haines who has a list on file. His email is in this thread.

Years ago I stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel on Ebury St. which I think is not far. It was discovered by Rick Steves though and I think is more expensive now but there are a number of places on Ebury St.
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM

Oops, forgot the link
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34450733
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:35 AM

Jay, I don't know what you mean by "reasonable" but we stayed at the 4* Rubens Hotel on Buckingham Palace Road in May (this was our second stay at this hotel) and it is just a couple of blocks from Victoria Station. The Thistle Westminster is also very close as is the Thistle Victoria.

All of these hotels should run you around GBP 110 or less. We booked the Rubens thru www.londontown.com. Depending on when you are going, you could find a much better rate.
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:38 AM
jay
Original Poster

Betty,
thanks for the info. that rate is right on. I also emailed Ben Haines who I found after using Kates suggestion.