Search

Airport Car Service in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Car Service in Paris

Hello -
We (3 adults) will be arriving in Paris on June 27 and are thinking of hiring a car service in advance. Victor's cabs were mentioned with good reviews. The cost is 75 euros which seems high My questions is what is the cost of a taxi from Charles de Gaulle to the St, Germain section? We will have extra luggage (I'm visiting family in Nice and will have gifts) so it might be easier to have a larger car ready instead of having to wait for a car to accommodate the 3 of us with extra luggage (4 larger than carry-on luggage). Will a regular taxi be a problem?
Thanks once again...
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 04:40 AM

A regular taxi will be no problem at all. From baggage claim, grab one of the luggage trolleys, load your luggage, and use it to roll your luggage directly to the taxis. Do not accept rides from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals.

I would expect fare to be from 55€ to 60€ plus 1€ for the second and subsequent bag placed into the trunk. Taxi drivers are not tipped but I might add a few euors or round up to the nearest 5€ if the drivers helps with the luggage.
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, I would prefer to take a taxi instead of hiring a car.
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 05:28 AM

Most of us Paris regulars, SashieZo, agree with Sarastro on this one for sure.

Taxis IN are not a problem.

The taxi rank has ALWAYS, without exception, no matter what time of day, worked efficiently for us whether we are a party of two or four. The wrangler eyes your party and your luggage and pulls up the right cab.

Yes, there could be a problem with traffic and you'd end out shelling a few Euros more for the ride in. Then again, you are also not stuck waiting for your shuttle to show up.

I do second the caution about getting solicited outside the taxi rank. That problem used to be much more common in Rome than in Paris, but we've seen "the intercept" more often now.

Your return can be via many other methods. If your hotel's front desk accurately describes your party number and your luggage situation, the reserved taxi works fine. There ARE other options depending on your type of stay and the location of your stay, but most of the time, we've been fine with the taxi back.
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 06:35 AM

You will be fine taking a taxi from the airport.

If staying in an apartment, we arrange a car service to take us back to the airport for departure.
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:20 AM

We took a G7 taxi yesterday from our apartment in the 10th to CDG. G7 has English-speaking operators, and my wife called 24 hours in advance.

The driver arrived on time at 0645, and we were waiting in the doorway to the street. He loaded the baggage, some heavy.

It was morning rush hour with a lot of traffic around Le Bourget for the Paris Air Show, but we were at our door at Terminal 2E in one hour. The taxi had €8.30 on the meter when it arrived, and the total was <€50.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 01:32 PM

tuscanlifeedit, what service do you use? And I presume you can recommend them? The one time I ordered a car service, they never showed up so I'm not going to use them again (that was BluVan, I believe).