Search

Airfare to Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare to Rome

I am flying to Rome the end of July with a return mid August. My dates/times are not flexible. I keep checking every site, including ITASoftware.com, Travelocity, and individual airline sites daily, but the prices for July/August are not going down. Does anyone have any experience with the travel industry as to when I might see prices go down a little for the summer months travel to Rome? Right now, the flights and times I need to travel are available, and don't want to lose them, but I also don't want to pay the high rate showing for the summer right now. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM

A couple of suggestions: First, it may be too early for any price softening to appear for June flights I'm searching flights from SF to Rome for April and have found that any sales are only good through about the middle of March. I haven't seen any spring sales yet, much less summer. Second, some airlines will issue you a voucher if the fare decreases between the time you book and the time you fly. I think I remember that American will even refund the difference to your credit card. However, nothing in the airline industry is engraved in stone. Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM

The only thing that I can suggest is to be persistent and check the internet at various times of the day and nights;
something may comes up.

I did the same thing in October and was able to find an good fare, open jaw ticket from SAT to Rome and Paris to SAT , coming back the end of June.
Good luck.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:58 PM

Just thought of a couple more sites for you. Check out travelzoo.com and subscribe to their weekly newsletter. Go to smarterliving.com and subscribe to their weekly notice of airline fares on flights originating from your city. Have you discovered bookingbuddy.com?
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 04:18 AM
ira

Hi

Add www.mobissimo.com to your list.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 11:33 AM

And www.sidestep.com. It's easier now that you're not required to download anything.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Betsy, Ira, Kismet...; great info. I will try these other sites and I am going to check with American to see what they say. Good luck, Betsy on you finding something. I would think that good prices for April should open up in February. If you hear of anything and you remember who I am, please drop me a line. Again, thanks to all.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 10:04 PM

Will do, schectec!