Notices

airfare

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:52 AM
mike morley

airfare

We (6 adults) are flying to Milan (June 16) and returning from Rome (July 3) from Indianapolis via Chicago (first leg United, 2nd Luftansia) the cost is apporximately $1000.00 per person with all taxes and fees) anyone have any suggestion for cheaper airfare, we have confirmation on all hotels, thanking you in advance

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Rex

Hi Mike,

You might try www.affordablepoland.com - - not just for Poland. they have consoidator contracts to most detinations in Europe. I can't recall if they have any summer fares posted yet, but e-mail them. The recently sent me quotes for May, even though they were not posted yet.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:14 AM
xxx

As of now I believe the $1k quoted is what's offered pretty much everywhere I've checked. I checked with Lufthansa last month for July also and was told that they don't offer any sales during peak periods (summer months); they say currently they're overbooked and offer passengers credits, etc. to give up their seats so if they have sales in summer the overbooking numbers will be higher and that's why they can't offer any sales then. I guess you can wait a couple more months to see if the fares will go down but I doubt it the way things are with the airlines nowadays.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Tom

Mike - Here is a link with many airfare booking possibilities to research.http://www.eurotrip.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80544

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:30 AM
xxx

Mike, check it out with a travel agent. He/she may be able to help you out in this instance.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Bobbi

First, you're traveling during peak season for Europe, and considering what the prices usually are, $1000 is actually pretty good. When there is an airfare sale it usually effects the next 90days. You're so far out you won't hit a sale and if you wait until 90 days before you may not be able to get a ticket. I also would suggest going to a travel agent that is familiar with Consolidator Tickets. I usually get somewhere between $750 and $900 during that season.

Good Luck,

Bobbi O.