Airline help

Dec 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Airline help

I am trying to plan a trip back to the U.K. in July (most expensive time) but I'm having a hard time trying to find any low rates (below $900.00) I'm leaving from Ontario, CA and could fly into London or Manchester. Does anyone know of a site with low fares?
Dec 26th, 2004, 08:26 PM

Hello coastalperson,

The Zoom Airlines website shows return fares in the low 800s in Canadian funds (high 600s in U.S. funds) for some July date combinations.

I went to www.mobissiom.com , did a search for AIR FARES, followed several of the links, and did not find anything better than Zoom.

Perhaps there will be seat sales in January or February. If you don't see a seat sale popping up in January or February, I think you'd be well advised to avail yourself of Zoom's fare.
Dec 26th, 2004, 09:21 PM
rex

A typo in Judy's post... it's MOBISSIMO.com

Best wishes,

Rex
Dec 26th, 2004, 09:48 PM

You should be able to get fares less than that from LAX or Las Vegas, especially if your return flight is before August. Sign up for the e-mail notifications from BA, Virgin, UA, etc and you will be notified of sales and specials. I normally figure on about $650-$700 plus tax from LAX or SFO in July, maybe a little more in August.

But it is still a bit early to be looking for July fares.

Dec 27th, 2004, 12:30 AM

Have you looked on other aggregator sites besides Mobissimo such as Farechase, Quixo, and Kayak?

Right now the lowest fare from Dulles to both CDG and LHR is also running in the low $900 range (just to give you a comparison).

Ordinarily I am frankly quite skeptical when people say fares WILL go up or down at a certain point based on past experiences since in my own "past" experiences fares ultimately seem to get higher and higher.

However with the Pound (and Euro) being what they are against the US Dollar I wonder if we are going to see some sales since I think seats may be undersold...but who knows for sure?

Good luck.