Air France/Delta Code Share Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year when I flew to Fiji on Qantas issued tickets with Air Pacific equipment, I stood in the Qantas check-in line for 45 minutes at LAX only to be told when I got to the counter that I needed to check in at Air Pacific instead. This year I'm flying on Air France issued tickets with Delta Equipment out of Atlanta. Do I check in with Air France or Delta? I have a connection at CDG to Rome also on Air France (with Air France equipment on this leg) and wonder if my luggage will be checked through to Rome if I have to check in with Delta in Atlanta. Thanks.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Hi Ke1th. You check in at the counter of the airline operating the flight. If Delta, go to the Delta International Counter; if Air France, go there. The AF counter is small, perhaps large enough for 4 people at the most. <BR><BR>There are 3 flights from Hartsfield to CDG most days. <BR>Departure Time and operator<BR>4:15 AF<BR>5:45 Delta<BR>7:20 Delta<BR>9:35 AF<BR><BR>So if you are scheduled to depart at 9:35, Air France equipment is being used. You go to the Air France counter. <BR>How do I know this? I have flown with both Delta and Air France from ATL to and from CDG. Also, I looked at the Air France Website to make sure I recalled correctly. The site not only tells you who operates the air craft but it also tell you whether or not the cabin crew is AF or Delta. It also tells you the arrival terminal at CDG. <BR><BR>The fares right now are enough to keep me from going!!<BR>Despite the Iraq war, tourism for the summer must be at the normal level, judging from the price of a ticket.<BR><BR>
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:06 AM

OOPS make that 4 flights; 3 on Sunday I think.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:13 AM

Keith -<BR><BR>I would call Air France and ask these questions of them to be certain. (At my home airport, checkin is clearly marked by flight number, so you just go to where the number is.) Either way, you should be able to have your luggage checked all the way through to your final destination.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:14 AM

As I'm typically ticketed on Delta no matter who is operating the flight I generally check in at the Delta counter and have never had a problem (including Air France equipment). When you get to the international check-in area you can just ask one of the bajillion Delta clerks hanging around for exactly this purpose which line you should be in.<BR><BR>Your luggage will be checked through. Connections at CDG can be pretty tight, and occasionally luggage doesn't make it onto the connecting flight. If you have a short-ish layover at CDG they can flag your luggage to help ensure it makes it. If you can manage with carry on luggage only you won't have to worry about this issue (and you won't end up lugging a giant bag around with you).
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:38 AM
aj

We flew to Paris in Jan. on a Delta ticket but Air France in the air. We checked in at the Delta counter in Atlanta but at the gate it was Air France. By the way, we always love to fly Air France.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:49 AM

At some airports Delta and Air France, although code sharing the flight, don't fly from the same terminal (IAH). Personal experience indicates Delta can't check you in on an Air France flight. Actually, to be correct, Delta personnel are checking you in on the Air France flight, but at a counter sign posted as Air France. Bob Brown has got it right, follow his advise.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 12:00 PM

We flew to Paris last month out of Atlanta, on Air France using Delta ff miles. Although the ticket was issued by Delta, we flew on the 4:15 AF flight, and checked in at the AF counter, checked our luggage with AF, went to the AF lounge, and boarded an AF plane. The flight was great, landed at CDG early - good because we had only one hour before connector to Edinburgh! Our luggage was checked through to Edinburgh - and made it just fine. Have a great trip!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Agrees with BobBrown.....