Search

Air France Bus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air France Bus

This is probably a stupid question but are reservations necessary to take the Air France Bus from CDG to Montparnasse-Bienvenue? Anyone know how close the pick up is from the American arrival terminal?
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 07:49 AM

I don't feel that reservations would be necessary. Two years ago I took the TGV from Nantes to Montparnasse, walked out of the station and got on the Air France bus to CDG without one. I think they have a bus leaving every hour or half hour. If I remember the Air France bus stopped at a number of terminals at CDG. Hope I have been of some help.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:07 AM

I used to take the AF bus. It is not too crowded. I rarely travel with heavy luggage so I don't take the Air France bus because it is more expensive that the RER.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:11 AM

We had three in our party and bought our tickets at the counter. We just had to wait 10 minutes for the next one. They run pretty frequently.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:13 AM

No, reservations are not necessary. They have a ticket booth outside the terminal where you can just walk up and purchase a ticket for Montparnasse.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:05 AM

I'm not even sure you can make a reservation -- I've taken it several times and never had any problem getting on, although it was close to full. Just make sure you go to the right area to wait and get on the right bus (it is marked) as they have a couple buses and the other goes a different route.<BR><BR>I don't know where the &quot;American&quot; arrival terminal is, I guess you mean American Airlines? If you said where it is maybe someone could tell, but it is never that far because they have a pickup on either side of Terminal 2. The pickup is exit 2, Hall C if you are in Halls A or C; use exit 1 of Hall B if you are in Halls B or D (the shuttle will go between those two). It also has a stop in Hall F which is the one way out there.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:17 AM
lynlor

In addition to all that has been mentioned, I like the fact that the seats are so comfortable, (after a long flight) the elevated view is good, they take care of your luggage and there is no tipping. We also feel safe. <BR><BR>Whenever possible and convenient, it is our favorite way to get into the city.

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:54 AM

No reservations are needed. Just go out the door of your terminal (check inside to be sure which door #) and put your luggage underneath. You can buy a one-way or return fare right on board. A very good deal.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Brutforce

You don't need a reservation but I will vote for the train, easier, cheaper &amp; quicker too I think.