Air Canada

Mar 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Air Canada

How is Air Canada when traveling from the US to London? In terms of dependability.
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM

No good!
Depends on you route and stop-over city, I found that the lay-over time usually is too long. As for service, well its Air Canada.
It is the last resort before I take it from US to LHR. I did fly it due to its affliation with UA (Star Alliance) where I have tons of mileage, and cheaper fare. Try BA or Virgin. Either is much better in service and non-stop flights (from major cities of course)
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

??????
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Departing from which US city? You must be thinking of a code share with United because AC doesn't fly from the US to London..they don't have international flights from the US at all, unless you're flying there via Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary. And considering my husband works for AC, I would have to say they're the best airline in the world! Seriously, I've flown AC to London and it was great, no problems at all. I must admit there was some difficulty around the time they filed for bankruptcy a couple of years ago but they're back on track now.
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Just guessing here, but are we talking Priceline? PL has sold a lot of AC tickets to bidders for US-UK routes.

In terms of dependability, well, all their planes seem to get to London and back successfully, every day. Haven't heard of any of them ending up in Latvia by mistake.
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
P_M

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating. If you stick around this board long enough, you will hear both good and bad things about every airline.
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:03 PM

We flew Air Canada out of Baltimore through Toronto to Rome in November. Outside of a problem with not being able to issue us a boarding pass in Rome for our return through Toronto our flight with them was fine. Their customer service people were delightful to work with unlike my experience with a few other airlines. Deborah
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Toronto isn't the best city to change in and I would certainly allow plenty of time for connections. Other than that, I have flown with air canada many times and never had any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again. (I also fly frequently with US Air and Continental - no problems with them either). Carolena