ADVICE re: venice/xmas/eating

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please please can anyone help with advice we are staying in a hotel near the Rialto Bridge for the period 24th to 27th Dec but we think the hotel restaurant is closed . Any suggestions for reasonable price places to eat near the Rialto Area especially xmas eve & xmas day or will it be cup a soup on the rialto bridge out of a mug !!!!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 10:14 AM

Why do you think the hotel restaurant is closed? Have you called/emailed/faxed to ask? If not, I'd suggest you do so, and if it is closed all you'll need to do is ask them for recommendations in the neighborhood.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM

I agree with StCirq, double check, because hotel restaurants are more often the ones that will stay open for holidays. Other hotel restaurants:
La Rivista (in the Ca'Pisani), Caravella
(in the Saturnia), restaurants also in the Monaco, Europa Regina, Metropole, Danieli, etc though yes, these will be pricey.
Also check with the restaurant Sempione, not far from Rialto, medium priced, pretty good food.
Another moderate to inexpensive one: Trattoria San Toma.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions yes I have already tried emailing the hotel already but still no reply - The Rialto Hotel it did have good write ups on various internet pages but they have not yet responded & I am thinking that it would be better to book a table before we arrive.
arrival.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM

Was in Venice last Christmas. Had no problem finding great places to eat, even without reservations. Have a great time!!
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 04:32 AM
ira

Hi Lily,

You will get a faster response if you phone them.

dial 1016868 first. It will cost 10 cts/min.

Old Dec 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM

We had dinner on Christmas Day last year at Poste Veccie - just near the Rialto Bridge. it was excellent. A large numbr of restaurants are closed around Christmas - but even so, you won't have trouble finding somewhere. For a cheap eat try Birraria in Campo san Polo, or as already sugested trattoria San Toma in Campo San Toma - although neither were open Christmas Day last year. Another excellent choice is La Zucca in Santa Croce - although you absolutely have to book.