Accommodations in Girona, Spain?

Jan 14th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Accommodations in Girona, Spain?

Hi,

I've tried to book the Carlemany, Peninsula, and Ultonia for July 22-23--and none are available. Looking for a nice place for 2 (price not an issue) centrally located.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mike
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM

mikewalsh,
I suggest you try the Hotel Historic, a new discovery by CathyM. It's in the heart of the Call, the medieval Jewish quarter.
www.historic.go.to/
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Maribel, thanks!

It says 3.900 pts per person. How many pesetas to the dollar, I could not find out?

On a separate note, the Gran Hotel Reymar (Tossa del Mar) has rejected my email address for some reason when I tried to reserve a room online, and two emails to them have not been answered. I think they are closed until April. Any suggestions how to nail down a reservation?
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:55 PM

mikewalsh,
That's cheap-around 50 euros for a double.

About the Reymar:
Have you tried just faxing them at
34 972 341 504
Jan 14th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

I'll give it a try Maribel, thanks!

(and thanks for all your other suggestions I've read over the past weeks. I'm excited about our Barcelona-Tossa del Mar-S'Agaro-Aigua Blava-Girona trip in July!)

I just today got the AMEX 'Escape' booklet Winter 2004, where they talk up elBulli as a place to eat in Roses. Anyone eat there? Recommend it?
Jan 14th, 2004, 05:51 PM

Hi Mike:
The reymar is a Best Western hotel so you can book through their 800 line.
We stayed there last summer and we got a good price by booking through BW.
In July they were requiring at least half board, but that was last summer so maybe this has changed.
It really is a nice hotel and the spa facilities are quite nice too.
Regards,
Jan 14th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Hi keldar,

Thanks, I'll do it. thanks also for your helpful suggestions on Barcelona and the Costa Brava.

Mike
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you again. I emailed the Historic as there is not a mechanism to reserve a room on line. In the meantime, I also wanted to check availability at the Bellmirall in case there's no room at the Historic, but it appears that there is just a phone number--no fax or email address.

Any suggestions?

Mike
Jan 17th, 2004, 08:38 AM

You should expect a reply from the Historic pretty quickly. They were very responses to all my questions. They're adding new hotel rooms. They'll be nicer but more pricy than the existing ones.
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Just thought I'd add one more hotel to the discussion: When I finalized my flight with Delta, they suggested I talk with their hotels partner (hotels.com). I did for the heck of it, mentioned I was looking for a nice centrally located hotel in Girona. They suggested a hotel that I had not even seen in any travel books or Fodor threads, I guess because it's brand new (opened in July 2003): the Hotel Ciutat de Girona located in the heart of the city (C/Nord, 2). Looks great!
Jan 18th, 2004, 08:11 AM

mike,
It does look great! I just reviewed the web site. If the price is right, sounds like a winner. Let us know how you liked it.
Feb 21st, 2004, 06:15 PM

Bellmirall email is [email protected] They have a fax but I can't get to my notes right now to find it.

We're staying there a few days in March. I emailed in my rusty Spanish; Cristina replied within a couple days even though they were officially closed in Jan.-- in English. DK if they take credit cards.

The old city looks very interesting; new city not interesting but looks not far across the bridge if you must stay on new side.

Search this Thread