Accommodations in Budapest

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accommodations in Budapest

My daughter & I are traveling to Budapest in May -- first time for us both -- and are looking for a nice, inexpensive apartment or otherwise (< 100euro) which is in the heart of the city. I came across this website and most of the apts. look really cute and they are very inexpensive. Has anyone ever used this website: www.apartmentbudapest.hu ? Or has anyone stayed in the Club Studios Lux apartments or the Mariann Apt.? I was told that alot of the apts. (especially in Budapest) look great in the pictures, but are actually pretty shabby. Or better still, does anyone have any recommendations?
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:49 PM

We stayed at the Art'otel last year (there are 2 with very similar names), got it on Priceline for $70 plus tax, including a full breakfast. I loved the location, very close to a metro stop and even closer to a tram stop, almost right across the river from Parliament. And I loved the hotel, very modern, spacious bedrooms
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM

I recommend the Bellevue B&B. We stayed there and it was centrally located, but on a quiet street and the hosts (father, mother, son) all spoke fluent English.

http://www.bellevuebudapest.com/inde...az=1&aaz=0
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 07:52 AM

Hi Angela
You are right. most of the appartement looks good on photos. The cheapest solution is going to a nice hostel, staying in private room. I can truly recommend Enter Hostel. the staff is nice, very helpful, the place is clean and good furnished. they have web site: enterhostel.uw.hu
I have tried a hostel in ljubljana too. it was also great : www.souhostel.com. it was a prison before.
good luck!
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:00 AM

We've booked this apt. for next fall -- www.vrbo.com/28419. It's in your price range, in a good location in Pest, and is owned by a U.S. resident. Good luck!
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

We returned from our trip last week and I just wanted to comment on Club Studios apartments that I inquired about in my original post.
The apartment was great! Clean, very well located on Veres Paine, one block over from Vaci Utca, near bars and restaurants, and best of all, there was a computer with internet access in the apartment. There was also a clothes washer/dryer and a small dishwasher. The rate was 50 euro per night. Dora, whom we corresponded with had her office right next door to our apt. She was very accommodating giving us an iron (for our badly wrinkled clothes) and an umbrella to use one day when it rained. She also was helpful in giving us directions to various sites. They also provided a pickup and drop-off service for the airport and/or train station for a very small fee. We feel very fortunate to have found this place, especially after reading about other bad experiences with apts. (i.e. Paris).
Hope our experience will help someone and if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help if I can.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:51 AM

Of our 18 day trip through Eastern Europe, Golden Stars Apartment in the Heart of Budapest http://www.budapest.hoteltargets.com...mmodation.html was one of the best places we stayed at.
Not only was it in a very convenient location (steps from Vaci Utca pedestrian shopping/eating area and also a 5 minute walk to the Grand Market Hall) it was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It also had a modern kitchen and bathroom with a washer.

The owner (Tomas) was such a perfect host. Despite our late arrival, our lost luggage and inability to use a local phone to contact him, he waited for over an hour to greet us at the apartment. He also assisted us whenever we needed help or had any questions.
In fact, he helped us get our luggage back. He even helped us with transportation to our next apartment stay. My impression was that this was not strictly a business transaction with him. He truly was a kind and helpful person and wanted us to have a pleasant stay while we were in his country. What a wonderful ambassador for his country.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:44 AM

I'm going to Budapest in April with my daughter.

I got down to a shortlist of two apartments, one being the Golden Stars mentioned above, but I have now booked this on on Rakoczi ter, a little further out but still in a good location. I booked through perfectplaces, but there are also good reviews on homelidays, which did it for me!

http://www.perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/9495.htm

http://www.homelidays.com/EN-Holiday...ROMSEARCH=TRUE
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:47 AM

Ooops, just read that you are back from your trip some months ago, and zeroman is topping various threads on Budapest apartments, including one of mine.

Anyway, maybe it will help someone searching for budapest apartment recommendations as some point in the future.