accommodations in Beaune?

Oct 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

accommodations in Beaune?

Can you recommend a hotel in Beaune, France for two or three nights in May? We would like to stay around $100 euros per night as we will need two rooms. Also, most likely will need access to laundry facilities or services, if possible.

Thanks
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:12 AM

Beaune has a number of nice hotels but, like you, most are not within my budget. I arrived in Beaune thinking I had a reservation at a moderately priced hotel I'd researched and found I didn't and they were full. They referred me to the Hostellerie de Bretonniere where I stayed happily for a week.

The location is great, a short walk outside the town walls with a neighborhood restaurant and bakery, among other things in the same block. Not far from the tourist information office where you can book inexpensive winery and vineyard tours and it's really walking distance to everything.

There are rooms in an older building and a newer one. I stayed in both, liked them both. The older part may be less expensive. Looking for the spelling on Google just now I see that a NY Times article calls it "the best bargain in town." And the people are lovely.

It's a longish walk from the station but I did it with no trouble with my bags when I was leaving. Arriving you might want a taxi. If you'll have a car there's parking at the hotel.
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you MmePerdu, I will check into that one. Having never been there, I din't know if outside the town walls was still within walking distance of the town center. We will have a car, so I am not worried about the train station proximity.
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Yes, outside the wall but easy walking distance to everything. From the wall it's just across 1 street and down the block. Perfect with your car because it has parking located completely off the road, surrounded by the property's buildings.
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM

Chagny is 10 miles south of Beaune on the N74. I stayed at La Musardiere some years ago and found it to be a charming place to stay: http://auberge.musardiere.pagesperso....fr/index.html

Owing to the fact that you will have a car, this place may serve your needs..
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM

We stayed here http://www.hotel-grillon.fr/anglais/hotel.htm just outside of town. With a car it's no problem. Very reasonable rates also.
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM

If you need two rooms, you could check out this place:
www.lamaisondelucien.fr

It is a 15 minute drive from Beaune, however. I stayed there last month and really liked the house and the owners. There are actually 3 bedrooms so you would have a room just for the luggage

Two bathrooms, too.

The downside - not being able to walk somewhere for dinner.
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
ira

Hi CW,

We very much enjoyed our stay at http://www.hotel-grillon.fr/anglais/hotel.htm

Rates from 75E.nite

Search this Thread