Reload this Page >

Accommodation Under 200 Euro a Night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:14 AM
steve

I'm looking for reasonable accommodation in Rome for around 150-200Euro a night (double)? Looking for a something close to the main city attractions - Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.<BR><BR>Online secure booking facilities would be an advantage.<BR><BR>Travelling in September 2002.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?<BR><BR>Steve<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Andie

In short, you should review Sandra Gustafson's Great Sleeps in Italy. There are quite a few small, nice hotels in your budget range.<BR><BR>But you need to hurry as you're going in approx. 2 months. The best hotels may be taken already. Good luck & have a great trip to Rome. You'll enjoy it very much.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Rex

I agree that the best VALUE hotels (not always the best, nor the cheapest) are already heavily booked. Perhaps not totally depleted.<BR><BR>Browsing through www.venere.com will give you a good idea what's left. And I can recommend using the site for bookings, cancellations or simple inquiries with no hesitation. Others have cited experiences getting better rates going to the hotel directly. For some hotels, their listing on www.venere.com IS the only way to book with them directly.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:29 AM
ledbetter

Just got back from staying at this little gem-- Hotel Paba(www.hotelpaba.com)<BR><BR>cheaper than your price range. a block from the Forum, Collosseum, Trajan's Markets, Palatine, St. Peter in Chains, Victor Emmanuelle monument, Capitoline Museum, plenty of restaurants and gelaterias, and Cavour Metro stop.<BR><BR>I looked for over a year before I made my choice and this hotel was exactly what I was looking for. As I have posted in another string, please feel free to email me with questions.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:31 AM
ledbetter

Incidentally, I guess I should have explained that I don't think Trevi or Spagna is a good area to stay in. They are very touristy and packed. If you don't mind noise and crowds, nevermind. But, I found that the sites we wanted to see were mostly south of the spanish steps. Trevi is a little more central but I still feel that the Forum area is the ultimately central place.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Alice

I disagree about the Spanish Steps area. Yes, the steps themselves are crowded during the day (what part of Rome isn’t?), but unless you’re actually ON the steps, it’s no big deal. I loved the aea around Pza. Navona and Campo di fiori, but found it to be extremely crowded at all times. That’s just the nature of Rome. I love it!<BR><BR>In any case, try casahoward.com. It’s a great little B&B 2 blocks from the Spanish Steps. We had the green room with private bath, and it was 190 euros a night. Very quiet with the windows closed, air conditioned, and all around great.<BR><BR>- Alice

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:10 PM
up

topping, for steve<BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:12 AM
gaye

Try the Due Torri. e-mail www.hotelduetorriroma.com<BR>We stayed there this past month and loved the location, within walking distance of everything! We had a nice, quiet,clean medium sized room on the 4th floor with tiny balcony and small but adequate and modern bathroom. Very friendly and helpful staff and good breakfast. All for 176E.