Hotels in Rome

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Lois

Hotels in Rome

Has anyone ever heard of the Hotel dei Mellini in Rome? I don't know where it is exactly. I am going with a group and this is one of the choices. I've been to Rome before, staying at the Intercontinental on Via Sistini and would like to be centrally located. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel with a good location?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 11:15 AM
sandy

My friend just came back from Rome and she stayed at the Hotel Del Mellini. She LOVED it! Said it was very well-located and very nice. Very accommodating staff. Also a good value for the money.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:15 PM
cl

Yes, I've heard of the Hotel dei Mellini. It was featured in Travel and Leisure a few months ago. I stayed at another hotel a few blocks from the dei Mellini. But I happened to walk down the street the hotel is located on. It's in a quiet neighborhood called Prati and it is very central. It's within walking distance to not only the Vatican but also Piazzas Navona and del Poppolo. From either piazza you could walk to the Spanish Steps. I really liked Prati for a quiet location. There are some restaurants nearby also-not alot but enough. And you'd be nearby to via Cola di Rienzo also.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Rex

Listed on Venere, a four-star hotel.

http://www.venere.com/it/roma/dei_mellini

Curious, Sandy, did your friend get a very good rate? Or is she saying that it was a very good value, compared to other hotels at 300 € per night?

That's the current rate listed for mid-week in early November on Venere.

Certainly not the top of the price ladder. Minerve is shown at 435 € for the same dates.

But it's worthwhile to have this first-hand information, for Lois' benefit.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:40 PM

Click anywhere on this message for the listing on Fodors Rants and Raves.
Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:40 PM

Click anywhere on this message for the listing on Rants and Raves.
Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:37 PM

topping

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Lois

Thanks for all your input. I have several Travel and Leisure magazines going back several months. Do you happen to know when the hotel was mentioned?