Rome hotel and location

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:00 PM
carolyn

Rome hotel and location

Looking for a 4star hotel but not too expensive, roomy cuz there are 3 of us me husband and 16 year old. some newer ones near Vatican but worried that location is not too happening at night or very central to other sites What do you think?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:11 PM
Rex

There are hardly ever any posts here in favor of hotels near the Vatican.

Depending on your dates, you might want to check out the 50% off deal at de Ville (or something similar to that) - - posted here recently.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:32 AM
AttyVette

We booked our hotel through a website www.travel-italy.com. They have all price ranges and even upgraded our hotel when the one we asked for had no reservations available. Just a thought, we go there next week so I can't really say how it was yet!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:11 AM
Lucie

Hi,
Just got back from Rome last week, and we stayed at the Hotel Nova Domus (By Quality Inn), aprox 10 minutes walk from the Vatican and they have a great restaurant.
Room was aprox 110 Euro, 4 stars.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:39 AM
Tracy

We just stayed at the Hotel del Sole al Pantheon in Rome (in the Piazza where the Pantheon is, most rooms with a view of it). We paid $400 per night, but we had a Jr. Suite. The Piazza is a great lively place at night, as is the very nearby Piazza Navona. If you can find a reasonable room there I don't think you can find a better central location. Also close walking to the Trevi fountain and other sites.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:55 PM
up

up to the top