Accommodation

Dec 13th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Original Poster

Accommodation

I will be visiting Pavia in Italy with my wife and son for a month from 12 May 2008. Could you please suggest cost-effective options for our accommodation at Pavia? We are Indians and strict vegeterians.
Thanks
Dec 13th, 2007, 05:17 AM

Since there is no Italy forum here, but only Europe, you might want to repost with Pavia in the title. It will help people better spot your post.
Dec 14th, 2007, 12:45 AM

Hi Suryam - Are you looking for a hotel? A Bed & Breakfast? A hostel? Apartment rental?

How much do you want to spend?

Steve

Dec 14th, 2007, 05:13 AM

Another place to try is the Tripadvisor website which will give you a list of hotels people have reviewed there, in order of popularity, then you can google for each promising hotel's website.
www.tripadvisor.com - search on Pavia, then click on hotels.

I usually check Venere too but it doesn't seem to have any entries for Pavia.

Food shouldn't be a problem since you'll only need to eat breakfast in your hotel (assuming you want a hotel in town & not in the country). The most modest Italian breakfasts comprise bread rolls and preserves, fruit juice and coffee/tea, sometimes with croissants/sweet pastries too, and common add-ons as they get fancier include cakes, cheese and hardboiled eggs. Sometimes cereals. Assuming you aren't actually vegan (in which case I'm afraid you are probably confined to bread and jam), there shouldn't be anything you can't eat unless they also have ham or salami which is reasonably common too. IME it is basically always self-service; they may just bring you eggs to order.
Dec 15th, 2007, 12:26 AM

ttt