Ability to edit titles

Old May 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ability to edit titles

As a relative newcomer to this forum, I can't imagine how irritated those who have been arround for years are with the problem in another post that seems to mess up the entire column. Whew that sentence was too long. I say this because I can understand how a newcomer might make the MISTAKE of leaving no spaces in the title. Unfortunatly for the new poster this error brings nothing but consternation from regulars, for good reason I might add. Wouldn't it be great if the editors of this fantastic forum could simply EDIT the offending title so as not to upset the apple cart so to speak. Just wondering, thereyet
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Just topped one of several threads discussing this issue. As you said (and, as I hope I made clear in my response to the current offending thread), newcomers have no way of knowing this will happen. But it's annoying! At present our only recourse seems to be to ask people not to top it. Unfortunately, because I responded to it, it's now goofing up my column when I click on my own screen name! Lord only knows how long it'll take to go all the way down!
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM

sometimes editors wil do exactly that, but it takes a little while for it to happen.
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Bummer CAPH52! Lets hope that editing will happen soon. thereyet
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
About 3 years ago I posted a thread w/ a title like that. The next day I got an e-mail from the editors telling me they were deleting the thread. They included my original text in the e-mail and advised I re-post w/ a better title and copy/paste the text.

But lately I haven't seen evidence of them doing that. The threads just have to sink to fix the mess - until someone tops it again.
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to Robespierre for his part in trying to fix the mess. thereyet