Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

A question for anyone who has stayed at Alcione Residence in Positano.

Old Jun 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On their homepage, the photo on the right shows a large white structure of some sort and I was wondering what this is and if you see this from all the rooms. I am deciding between this hotel and the Villa Rosa.

Thank you.

http://www.alcioneresidence.com
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Just curious what the image is and topping for myself.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM

We stay at Villa Rosa, but before we left last time, I walked up the street and looked into the Alcione and grabbed a brochure. It is up the street from Villa Rosa, which would give the view a higher position. The white thing looks to me like part of the roof. If we ever go back to Positano (Are you listening, God?) I would like to try Residence Alcione. Go for it and then let us know what you thought! (Of course, we have stayed at Villa Rosa three times and love it, but Le Sireneuse across the street does block the view a bit.)
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM

We returned yesterday from a week at Residence Alcione and I have no idea - certainly it is not a structure. We stayed in Villa Faustina C, which is actually called Li Galli 3 on their website. It is a small apartment on the 2nd floor (1st if you are European) the lowest floor of Alcione and the views were spectacular. The higher floors will have even better views if that is possible! We booked through Summer in Italy, so if you want to have a really good look at the property check "Faustina" on the Summer in Italy website and you will find Villas Faustina A through E - all of which have different names on the Alcione website - probably just to confuse. There are also comments on each of the apartments, which we found helpful before booking.
Four years ago we stayed at Villa Rosa right next door and loved it. This year we decided to go with Alcione as it was 140 Euros a night rather than 175 Euros at VR. We were absolutely delighted with our choice and would return in a heartbeat. If you do book be sure to opt for the 5 Euro per person breakfast which is served on your own private terrace and is easily the best value in Positano. If you have any questions, I'll be very happy to try to answer them.
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Susan - Thank you so much for the info. I looked at the Summer In Italy site and I believe the white is the end wall of a balcony but the way the photo was taken it makes it appear to be a building. I would have loved to have stayed here - I received responses to earlier emails until I gave my dates...then nothing. According to the Summer site they are all booked for the time I want to go in April...happens to be a holiday period. At least they could have emailed me to say they were filled...or they have a minimum number of nights for that time. I now have a reservation at Villa Rosa.
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Travelfan1: You won't be disappointed. Villa Rosa is just fabulous. I agree, after another look, I think the white is the wall at the end of the balcony! Have a wonderful vacation.
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM

SusanMargaret: I took your advice about considering Residenza Alcione. I sent an email inquiry but it was returned to me as "undeliverable". How did you contact them? I got the email address from their website.

I will take a look at the Summer in Italy Website as well.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM

The email address that I used was [email protected]
SusanMargaret
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM

Travelfan, where did you end up staying in Positano?
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

flygirl...

We didn't stay at either one of the two I mentioned. We ended up here: http://www.latavolozzapositano.it/indexen.html Traveling with relatives and decided on a lower cost accommodation.