5 day itinerary in March in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In early March we will be flying into Cork on a Thursday morning and leaving from Dublin on Tuesday around noon. Since that gives us only 5 nights we'd appreciate any itinerary help. We'd like to include the Dingle area. Thanks
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM

For those who might have missed your earlier post...you were looking at 2 nights in Dublin and seeing the SW (including Dingle).

You can look through a whole pile of posts here about which SW peninsulas are the best for touring. As far as where to stay, you could easily spend your entire three days based out of the Killarney area and include Dingle. Or you could move around each night. Some favorite places to stay include Kinsale, Kenmare, Killarney and even Dingle. I'd opt for staying in one place where a good host will give you a whole bunch of reasonable destination suggestions and directions.

Plan on spending almost an entire day on the road from the SW to Dublin...that way you can enjoy the trip.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I think the idea of staying in one place sounds good, at least for two of the three nights. Of the suggestions above, does anyone have any specific preferences?
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 06:13 AM

Ok, I put my two cents in on your other post so here goes again. You have three nights and then two in Dublin right? Half hour drive from Cork airport to Kinsale. Great little village that is my wife favorite and we visit every year and you won't spend your first day on a long drive. Next morning up early get onto the N-71 to Killarney and then about two hours to Dingle. This a rather long drive but its over the mountains and through the Nat. Park for some unbelievable views. Night two in Dingletown. Next day up early drive the Connor Pass and head N/E towards Dublin with a stop overnight along the say. Alternative is Cork Airport overland on the N-22 through Killarney to Dingle. Its a long boring drive but if Dingle is your must than thats the route. If Dingle is not a must there is a nice drive from Kinsale up the East Coast to Dublin that I can describe. In any event Have fun.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both. Sure, I'd love to hear about the alternative route back to Dublin. No plans are in stone yet. Would you recommend cutting Dublin altogether for this trip? Our return flight leaves at 12:30 so we'd need to spend at least the final night near Dublin I would think.