3nights in Madrid

Feb 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

3nights in Madrid

My girlfriend and I have a 3night stopover in Madrid and want to get a taste for the area. We will realistically have 3 and 1/2 days worth of sightseeing. I figure we will spend at least 2 days in Madrid and then be able to take one day trip. Do you recommend Toledo or Segovia? Or do you suggest Spending only one and a half days in madrid and taking two day trips? Thanks for any advice.
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:11 PM
kja

It depends on what you like to see and do! I loved both Toledo and Segovia, but would probably give a nod to Toledo if you take only one day trip because of the variety of things to see there and the charm of its narrow, walled streets. If you love museums, 1.5 days in Madrid might not be enough, or might be enough only if you decide not to visit anything else there. They are all wonderful places, though, so I don't think any choice would be a bad one! Hope that helps.
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the advice!
Feb 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Most folks like Toledo better. I am one of the few who liked Segovia better. Then again, there is plenty in Madrid to keep you occupied for 3 days or so.

What time of year?

Feb 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

We are going in the middle of August. I am finishing law school and then bringing my girlfriend to greece. It was the same price to spend a few days in Madrid on the way back to the states, so we jumped at the chance. I realize it might be really hot, but we both weather the heat pretty well.