3 days in Rome- what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 days in Rome this week with wife and 15 y.o.daughter. What are the must see places. Also, hotel recommendations under $140 per night.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Can't help with hotels - that isn;t our price point.

Three days is a minimum for the basics in Rome:

One day ancient rome - Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus etc
One Day Vatican - St peter's plus Scavi tour (get tickets and advance), plus treasury and dome and the Vatican Museum
Third day - Borghese and Renaissance Rome - all of the various piazzas, fountains and miscellaneous churches - don;t miss San Clemente which is wonderful and Piazza Navona area for dinner and an after dinner stroll

Do try to find some time to relax and soak up the atmosphere a little bit. the cafes in the piazza facing the pantheon used to have free munchies with drinks in the late afternoon and there was usually music (practice of some sort) coming from one of the nearby churches
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM

Check out my website, look under the Library and Touring menu and you'll find the free MP3 guides, the free printable tour guide, the Google Itinerary Maps and lots of other stuff to help you out, specifically designed for 3-4 days.

www.passagetoroma.com

dave
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM

ttt
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 01:54 AM

140& per night in Rome is a tough one, per person? Then I would look into apartments that are about 250€ per night

http://www.togetherintuscany.it/acco...tment-rome-102

Must sees? Lots and lots
Coliseum, Piazza Campo de'Fiori ( the market place in morning),Piazza Navona displays the spectacular Baroque architecture ( sit by the fountains enjoy a gelato, but do not go into one of the restaurants by the square,total rip off) , Borghese Park and Gallery, Piazza del Campidoglio (on the Capitol Hill)Piazza di Spagna is a masterpiece of the XVIII century with its famous Spanish steps, The Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain,St Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro,Castel Sant' Angelo.....you should be able to see all that if you're good on foot
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 02:44 AM

The OP states "this week" meaning back in July. Not sure if he found accomodations or took the recs for the 3 days of activities, which, IMO, were good ones. For his price per night, I'd have rec'd an apartment as well, although I'm not sure many of the rental agencies allow a 3-night lease, some lock into a week-long contract.

BC
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 02:46 AM

All of the above, and if you have time, spend a few hours in the Jewish Ghetto
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 03:45 AM

To anyone else checking this post (OP seems to have gone long ago) there are definitely apartments in Rome for less than 250 euros/night. We had very good luck with realrome.com