21 days in Ireland--Thanks

Mar 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

21 days in Ireland--Thanks

Great advice one and all--except I would stay a bit clear of the Blarney Stone, for now. Here goes, what appears to be a final itinerary.

Arrive Dublin A/P early afternoon... and pick up auto. Drive to Powerscourt Gardens and Glendalough. Check into B and B in Greystones for 1 night. Day 2, take in Wicklow County and end up in Kilkenny for 3 nights. Next few days see Kilkenny area, Waterford, Wexford, New Ross, etc. Then a day travel to and explore area around Cashel. Leave Kilkenny and head for Farran, just West of Cork. Spend next few days around Cork and Cobh, etc.
Next few days over to Kenmare. Do Rings and Dingle Town and Slea Head and several coastal roads and towns. Head over to Doolin for a few nights and visit the area. Than over to Salthill for 2 nights to visit Galway and points thereabout. Then over to Clifden to visit the Connermera area and Westport. From There over to Sligo town and up to Donegal to view the coast. Then head East to see Newgrange and Boyne area. Then over to Dublin airport and out. Total 21 days and nights. I have made B and B reservations in Greystones, Kilkenny, Farran,(near Cork,) Kenmare, Doolin, Salthill, (GALWAY area,) Clifden, Sligo and about 15 miles from the Dublin Airport for the final night as we have a 6:00 AM flight out the next day. Obviously this has taken quite a bit of computer time, as you might imagine, since before arriving in Ireland we have planned to spend a week in Paris and I have made arrangements to visit parts of Paris, Versailles, Chartes, Normandy and Fontenbleue, (spelling??) Again thanks for all of your input.
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM

Halbaby, Have a great trip.
Mar 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Halbaby-
Just want to let you know that if you create a thread you should post your conclusion there.

I only say this as I have just discovered that people are still replying to your other thread where you ask about your itinerary.

No one there realizes that you have completed it or have seen this as that other thread keeps going ttt.

Kay- that sounded mean and whiny and i really only meant it for future use in the nicest way
Dawn
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

I truly am a neophyte aND THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE ! h