Reload this Page >

2 nights in Dijon - recommendations needed please ~

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

I will be traveling to France with my elderly mother in April and will be spending 3 days in Dijon and 4 days in Paris.

I have been to Paris before, but never Dijon -- I actually picked Dijon based on the great feedback from this forum! I was hoping you all could recommend a place for us to stay? We would need something pretty central to restaurants, cafes, and hopefully a market. My mother is not able to really walk (she needs to stop very frequently) so if we could be in a place in the heart of everything, that would be ideal. I would be comfortable spending around 100 euro a night (or maybe more, it depends on the place I guess).

Also, if there is a "must do" restaurant or store that you could recommend also, I would really appreciate it. Dijon looks beautiful and I really can't wait until our trip.

Stacy
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:48 PM

You are not clear if it is just yourself and your mother. Otherwise I would suggest Coco's flat. It only sleeps two, maximum, and it is a bit above your budget, but it gets glowing reviews on this forum. Here is the link, if you want to consider it.

http://www.myhomeindijon.com/index.htm

You will enjoy Dijon very much, I'm sure.

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you see my Dijon thread? http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...e-or-dijon.cfm I wound up booking here: www.hotel-lejacquemart.fr

When will you be in Dijon? I'll be there April 12-16.
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM

I should also mention that Coco's flat was full the last time we visited Dijon, and we stayed at the Campanile Centre Hotel in Dijon. It was very convenient. Right in the town center, and only about a block from the train station. You can see it as you come out the main exit. We found the hotel comfortable and quiet -- we had rooms overlooking a center courtyard, not the street. I just looked it up, and rates are around €75, €80, depending on the season.

http://www.campanile-dijon-centre.com/index-uk.htm#

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM

I stayed at the Quality Hotel du Nord when I was in Dijon last year and highly recommend it. I think that's what it was -- it's an older older right in front of the arch that leads into the main street going to the Ducal Palace and right in front of that nice park (this is place Darcy). It's not too far from the Sofitel (beyond my budget). It's actually a 3-4* hotel, not one of the lower-end quality inns you can find around, and used to be something else of course, it wasn't brand new, but has been refurbished. The nice thing about it, aside from the location which you couldn't beat (I walked from the train station, but it's a short bus or taxi ride) is that they also have a nice restaurant on the ground floor so if you are too tired to go out, there is that option. They were very nice there and it was quite reasonable for the accommodations.

I don't know if it's 100 euro, but it wasn't expensive. I think it is 100 euro or less for a double, and I assume that's what you mean. Just go to www.choicehotels.fr and search in Dijon. There are shops and restaurants within a block, the location can't be beat.
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM
ira

Hi HP,

I think that you would do Mom a big favor if you stayed in Paris the whole week.

Who will be handling her luggage getting to Dijon?

Who will do the packing an unpacking?