COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

2 for 1 offers

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

2 for 1 offers

I just printed 3 vouchers for 2 for 1 tickets. If I don't have rail tickets, will I still be able to use the vouchers? One is for Tower of London, one for Kensington Palace and 1 for St Paul'.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:00 AM

Although it says you must have rail tickets, several people have posted saying they never seem to be asked for them. Several of us have been told by the people we called to book those two for one theatre offers that we do not need to worry about the train tickets, although again it says we should have them. One poster brought up a good point. The Underground in London is part of the train system -- it even has schedules on that same website for the train offers. I'd suggest you keep two tube tickets with you at all times (or passes) just in case someone asks for the tickets. After all they ARE train tickets!
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

you're right! Thanks, Patrick.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 10:46 AM
suzbutler

I used several 2 for 1 offers in London last year and was never asked to see a rail pass.

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 11:05 AM

We used the 2 for 1 vouchers in November 2003 and were only asked for our rail ticket one time - at the Tower of London. We presented our Gatwick Express tickets and they were accepted. We were not asked for train tickets at St. Paul's Cathedral, the Cabinet War Rooms, or Kensington Palace.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM

Which site are you finding the 2-1 offers on? Is it the British Rail site? I'm trying to determine if I should do the 2 for 1 thing or get a London Pass. I'll be travelling in June but know I want to go to the Tower, Kensington Palace, Hampton Court, Cabinet War Rooms, and Westminster Abbey. Thanks, susan
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:31 AM

Do you think the Eurostar tickets from Paris to London Waterloo will be accepted?
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:43 AM

I see the vocher form on http://www.londontrainsoffers.co.uk/voucher.asp but the submit function is not currently working. This is a great deal, but I will only have tube tickets on me, I hope that will not ruin my chances to use this. We are leaving this evening!