2-3 bedroom apartment in Rome

Nov 12th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

2-3 bedroom apartment in Rome

We will be traveling with our 2 daughters (19&21) and one boyfriend. A 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment would be great. We have been to Rome many times but have always stayed in Hotels. We would like to be walking distance to some fun night life for the kids.
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:49 AM

Not sure what kind of sleeping arrangements you're envisioning. It sounds like you really need a 3-bedroom place...?

Only 2-bd but with 2 baths:

http://www.rentalinrome.com/bramante/bramante.htm

We, 2 moms and 2 daughters, stayed last holiday season. It has lots of space for people to get away from each other if needed/wanted. A sitting room downstairs, piano room with chairs, lamps. Big dining room/family room upstairs next to the kitchen. My mother actually got sick and moved up there (there is a sofa bed that she said was quite comfortable) because she didn't want to infect all of us.

This place is creaky, old, very old-fashioned, lots and lots of stairs. So it's not for everyone but we loved it! You have to like that atmosphere and all that comes with it--dark little vicolo, uneven steps, etc.
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM

hi panucci,

if you go to www.slowtravel.com you will find numerous agencies offering apartments in Rome [and Lake como too, not sure about Amsterdam].

the best have search engines that allow you to put in the area you want, the no. of bedrooms, the price range you want. the less good search engines let you pick by no of people, and you would be amazed how many folks they think can sleep in a one-bed apartment!

we used these people last time we went to Rome and found them very helpful but there are many more:

www.rome-accom.com
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!
I was looking at Accom last night. It's good to hear from someone who used them. I also was on slowtravel but it gets a bit overwhelming especially since many apartments look so much better then they are or the location isn't quite as described.
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

3 bedrooms would be ideal but 2 bedrooms with a fold out would be fine. Leely2, Do you remember if your apartment had a sleeper sofa? It looks nice and the location is great. How was Rental In Rome to work with?
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM

If at all possible, don't sentence someone to a sleep sofa. That person ends up with a miserable vacation as the sleeper sofa is usually uncomfortable and in the main room so is disturbed by early risers, people traipsing through to a bathroom or others staying up late.
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM

I just stayed in a 3 bedroom rented from Sleep in Italy in the Trastevere neighborhood. Great location, lots of nightlife right downstairs for the kids.
It's a bit noisy, but not in the bedroom in the back (perfect for the parents with a separate bathroom).

If you click on my name, you'll see my current trip report. There's a link to the apartment there.
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM

If you don't mind climbing ladders to your loft bedrooms, take a look at this place. The location is terrific:

http://tinyurl.com/ygtglgh
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM

We stayed in this apartment last November and we loved it.

http://www.vrbo.com/32035

Marina is a wonderful hostess. She met us at the apartment with prosecco and snacks, and spent a good bit of time showing us how to get everywhere we wanted to go. When she found out we hadn't yet eaten dinner, she picked up the phone and got us a table (for 7!) at a fabulous pizzaria around the corner...allowing us to bypass the huge crowd standing out in front. Then she walked us there and introduced us to the owner.

We also enjoyed the terrace and the view, and there was a nice bakery and grocery store very near the apartment, allowing us to eat in on the nights we were too tired to go out. Two different metro lines are an easy walk, too.

Wherever you say, have a great time in Rome!
Nov 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM

panucci,
We dealt with Michael Smith from Rental in Rome and I found him very helpful. I did make an effort to stay on top of the reservation because I rented so far in advance.

The woman who helps the owners of the apartment was the person who gave us keys, took our payment, gave us the rundown of how things worked, etc. She also has her own small agency. We really liked her and I would definitely consider working directly with Charlotte in the future.
http://www.lacasaroma.com/index.php

The Bramante (aka Giulio on Charlotte's website) is a two-story apartment. Upstairs there was a sleeper sofa in the dining room. There might be one downstairs as well but I cannot remember.

The layout of the apartment involved many doors leading to stairs leading to doors leading to broom closets. Okay, I exaggerate but there was plenty of space for privacy here. We loved the location and the apartment itself is tatty-but-tasteful, no Ikea or Design Within Reach stuff.

I have also used realrome.com successfully. I know in some buildings they have they have multiple apartments but I'm not sure you want the kids in their own space that much.

Wherever you end up, have a great trip.
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks I emailed Charlotte today.

MindyIt1 The penthouse looks great but is booked almost through August. I'll bookmark it for future use.