Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 days for 3 Countries

Please help any suggestion are appreciated

Planning a trip to Europe next June 2015
Flying out from JFK
1. Ireland (3days
2. France (3days)
3.Italy (6 days)

Itininary suggestions are welcome mostly interested in visiting historic sites.
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You can't "do" Ireland in 3 days -- that is about enough time for Dublin - which certainly isn't 'seeing' Ireland. And 3 days isn't enough to "Do" Paris let alone France. As for 6 days in Italy -- maybe one city like Rome or possibly 2 smaller ones like Florence and Venice.

No one can possibly give you (useful) itinerary suggestion until you narrow things down a bit and ale tell us what sorts of things you want to see/do

BTW - what you'd really have id 2.5 jet lagged days in Ireland, 2.5 days in France and about 5 days for Italy
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM

I don't equate visiting historic sites in these three countries with an attempt to "do" the country. Where does that idea come from - other than an ideological nanny-minded objection to people traveling through the eurozone instead scolding people to sticking to "nations" and little package tours of little bits of each "nation".

There are plenty of options to Italy out of Dublin, and if you are interested in visiting historic sites, you might find flying to Rome or Naples the most fascinating, then heading up to Florence. You can fly or take a plane from there to Paris.

If you read many people's trip reports, you will see that they typically spend 4 days in Paris, one of them jet lagged, and get huge applause for it, and spend less than 8 hours visiting any historic sights. Mostly they shop and eat and do touristy things. I would ignore the scolding and do what you want to do.
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM

Sorry! I meant to write "fly or take a train from" Florence to Paris.

Obviously you can also fly to France from Dublin and see Italy last if you have already bought tickets out Italy back to JFK.

An extremely useful airport is Pisa if you are looking for a cheaper way to fly from Paris to the middle of Italy.
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I didn't 'scold' as you say, I said no one can help w/ such a broad/nebulous question w/o more info from the OP.

Unless of course you KNOW what the OP meant by 3 days in France. I sure don't . . .