10 hour layover at CDG

Search

10 hour layover at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 hour layover at CDG

We have a ten hour layover in Paris (8am to 6pm). I believe this is enough time to get into the city, do lunch, see something, and get back to the airport in time for our connecting flight.

Thoughts? Do we have enough time? We have been to Paris before so we've seen all the highlights. Any suggestions for interesting lunch places (note: i am vegetarian) or places to see for a very brief second visit? We don't want to go to any museums in that short time.

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 05:18 AM

I think you have enough time, but I am not sure what you do with your luggage.

Depending on the terms of the layover, you may have to deal with that and I know there's no "left luggage" at CDG.

If it were me, I would try to recall where I really enjoyed last time and just go "walk around" that area.

Sorry, not a foodie so I can't help on lunch!

Just in case you are too jetlagged. The Shearton in the airport rents day rooms. Seems like it was around $100? (I considered it once LOL!)
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 07:13 AM

Yes, I think you definitely can with that many hours. I presume you won't have luggage.

I'd just make it easy and go somewhere not too far from the RER stop, that's all. Which I guess would be around Notre Dame. I think you should decide for yourself what you want to see, I couldn't predict.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM

If you've been to Paris before, maybe you have a favorite place to re-visit. I've been there many times and if I had just a few hours I would pick up picnic makings -- fresh bread, cheese, fruit, a sweet from one of the patisseries nearby, and perhaps a bottle of wine -- and picnic along the Seine near Notre Dame. Maybe not your "thing." Just mine.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Your can also take the metro into town. But I would go if luggage is not an issue. Just plan out what you want to do or see so that you can make it back in time. The other option if you do have luggage is to rent a car for the day and drive to a one of the many interesting sights nearby. There are many options for a day trip outside of Paris.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

We will have our luggage checked through to our final destination, so we won't have to worry about that. Thanks for the suggestions...keep them coming!
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Buy a Batobus day ticket and once you're in the city, use it to hop to a few of the well-known spots. OR, pick something you've never done before and do that.