Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Which part of ship if you're prone to sea sickness?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Jan

I believe I read somewhere that if you're prone to sea sickness you should not have a cabin in the rear of the ship...is this correct? Is the mid ship or front better? What are best devices these days to take or wear to help prevent sea sickness. Thanks!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Theresa

Lower decks, mid ship are the best.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Gail

I don't mean to cause a dispute but if you're seasick you don't want to be on those lower decks. You would probably be best on about the third deck down (generally Promenade) and if you divided the ship into thirds you would want a cabin in the beginning of the second (2) third. Just before midship. I never travel without taking Transderm Scop which is a little patch you put behind your ear the night before you start your trip.<BR><BR>I hope this helps!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Sara

I agree with Theresa. You want to be on a low deck and mid ship. The reason why is that the higher the decks go, the more the ship will sway back and fourth while the lowest deck doesn't move as much.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Karen

Definitely lower decks and mid ship.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Jan,<BR><BR>If you run into a storm it doesn't matter where you are on a ship. the entire ship will roll and pitch.<BR>I have sailed through many storms. I keep my mind busy such as jogging, excercise room or slot machines.<BR><BR>Paul