Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Best way from LAX to Long Beach/San Pedro?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:57 PM
kah

I'm arriving alone at LAX at 10:30 pm on a Friday and need to get to Long Beach to meet husband. Our cruise leaves next day at 5pm. <BR><BR>What's the easiest, safest and most economical way between these places?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:55 PM
Sandra

Take a taxi. But BEFORE you get in the cab, be sure the cabbie knows where the cruise terminal in San Pedro is. A dispatcher at LAX put us in a cab with a driver who only knew how to get to San Pedro, but had NO idea about the location of the cruise terminal. Finally, we spotted a big red Carnival funnel and told him to drive towards it. Of course, it cost us more than if he had just gone there-- about $25.00. I don't believe that there is any other way to go. You might try to purchase he transfers from the cruise line. Which line is it?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:12 AM
Rocky

kah-<BR>SuperShuttle about $18.Where are you staying that night--it will take you to any of the hotels down by the pier.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:45 AM
kah

Thanks for the info. I think we're going to stay at the Sheraton -- haven't firmed that up yet. Do you have any other suggestions?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:00 AM
pat

primetime shuttle is another one. It is $15. You do have to prebook either shuttle service though. The phone numbers for both are: 1 800 red vans or 1 800 blue van. They told me when we arrive at LAX, the shuttle will be just outside baggage. If not to call them. A cab is about $45 plus tip.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Rocky

kah<BR>The Hilton is very nice and there is also a BestWestern.Either one is a safe bet.Both have shuttles to get you to the pier

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 01:35 PM
pat

Are you spending the night in Long Beach or San Pedro? A lot of people, including us, did priceline.com for a 3 star hotel in San pedro and got the Hilton San Pedro. Some people got it for $40 and some bid $45. A deal either way. Priceline does charge tax and a $5.95 processing fee, but still a deal! If you read biddingfortravel.com you can read about staying in long beach too.