Transportation from LAX to Long Beach Cruise terminal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going on a cruise and will be flying into LAX. However, the cruise departs from Long Beach. I would like to know what is the most economical means of traveling from LAX to the cruise terminal in Long Beach, CA? The cruise line's transfers are quite expensive.
Thanks
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 05:22 AM

You might contact Super Shuttle (1-800-bluevan) or Prime Time shuttle (1-800-redvans) for quotes. You can check the website by using Google or Yahooo to look them up. I recommend calling for the Port. I live in the Long Beach area and have used them both.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 10:46 AM

There is a really good article for just the information you happen to be looking for on Tripadvisor.

Here is the link:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g3...hip.Ports.html
(if for some reason the link does not work type in Los Angeles Cruise Ship Ports in the "Search" feature)
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much. I was able to make reservations with Prime Time shuttle.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Do you really mean "the most economical way"?

You can take the free "C shuttle" from the airport terminal to the "LAX City Bus Center". From there, you can take Metro Bus 232 all the way to the Long Beach Transit Mall. It runs every 30 minutes or less, trip takes 90 minutes. $1.25.

At the LB Transit Mall, switch to the free Long Beach Passport "C" shuttle to the Queen Mary. Runs every 8-10 minutes and take 15 minutes. The cruise ship terminal is adjacent to the Queen Mary.

Not the fastest or easiest. But at $1.25 per person, it has to be the most economical, except for hitch-hiking.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Alternatively, you can take the "G Shuttle" from LAX to the LAX/Aviation Green Line station. Ride the Green Line light rail to Imperial/Wilmington. Switch to the Blue Line light rail to Long Beach Transit Center. Then take the Passport "C" to Queen Mary.

The Green Line + Blue Line takes about 45 minutes, so it's at least half an hour faster than taking 232. But you need to pay for two separate tickets - no free transfer - so, your cost double to $2.50.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM

I agree with rkkan. I just wanted to add that that is assuming that you are leaving from Long Beach (with a Carnival cruise).

The San Pedro cruise port is sometimes referred to as Long Beach as well ; if it is the case that you are leaving from San Pedro, then you would have to take a bus CE142 instead of a Passport "C" bus (the rest of the itinerary would remain unchanged).

http://www.walktomycruiseship.com/longbeach.htm
http://www.walktomycruiseship.com/
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM

LAX has many shuttle options for cruise port transportation. You can walk out. For prearranged I usually use www.thetransferanswer.com for cruise port transportation. The www.thetransferanswer.com does cruise port transportation in many cities. Their rates are lower than the cruise lines.

If you are looking at a taxi taxifarefinder.com might be one to check out too.