Summit - Age Group / Spa

Jun 19th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Cheryl

Summit - Age Group / Spa

Would like to hear from anyone who is recently back from Alaska and sailed on the Summit. Would like to know what your opinion was of the ship Spa and what age group was represented on your sailing..
Thanks.

Jun 19th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Cheryl,

Great spa but plan on spending quite a bit of money.

The majority of passengers are over 40.

Paul

Jun 20th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Billie

Cheryl,

My husband and I just returned from sailing the Infinity and we set sail alongside the Summit -- it's the sister ship of the Infinity. The spa is amazing, but very expensive. We thought it worth it, however, to be pampered while cruising. I came out of my seaweed wrap and deep tissue massage ($190) to find my husband clutching $400 dollars worth of spa products he bought after his. It is beautiful and quite possibly one of the best spas on the seas -- but you should steel yourself to the fact that the prices are about double what you'd pay on land. Some people get their nose out of joint but if you want to enjoy a massage and facial (I had two massages and a facial -- the best one I've ever had), then just fork over the cash and enjoy. Personally, I figure that we are paying more, not because we're being ripped off, but because we're in a special place where things simply cost more. It's just the way things are. If you are frugal and hate paying more than normal -- avoid the spa. If you don't mind getting pampered and to heck with the cost -- then by all means book one or two. You will see posts about people complaining about the cost of a 40-50 dollar bottle of wine on the cruise, a price that doesn't even raise an eyebrow in Los Angeles, but if you are from a small mid-west town, seems exorbitant. It's what you are used to paying and the kind of lifestyle you live.

Jun 20th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Billie

Oh, and we are in our early 40s, but we are fit, hip and look early 30s. Good living here in LA and lots (I mean LOTS) of sushi. Why care about the age of your fellow spa-goers? No group massages are thankfully offered, so no worries mate.

Jun 20th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Cheryl

Billie,
Thanks for the info. Regarding the age question, I meant on board, not anything to do with spa-goers....sorry I did'nt differentiate. Just wanted to know what percentage you all thought was represented by each age group. Thanks again...
Cheryl

Search this Thread