Cruises: All Inclusive??

May 12th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Cruises: All Inclusive??

When they say all inclusive i know they exclude alcohol and carbonated drinks. My question is, things like the spa treatment...is that included? massages and such? manicures...or are they extra like the salon would be?
May 12th, 2003, 04:07 PM

Which cruise line are you looking at?

Spas, massages, manicures are excluded on ALL line.

Tips are extra.

There is a pricey line or two that include wine and a bottle of your favorite liquor and tips.

All cruise lines have food included but many now have these alternate dining rooms for an addional charge.
May 12th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

well i am looking at carnival. i have never been on a cruise, what exactly is in the spa? i was hoping the massage was included but figured it wasn't. any tips or advice for me? what services to they offer that you have to pay for?
May 13th, 2003, 04:16 AM

I heard you can spend $100.00-$300.00 on spa treatments. Never checked into what it details because that's too expensive. If they gave free massages, imagine how long the line would be. Everyone would want a free massage.
May 14th, 2003, 01:23 PM

Ha ha I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Carnival makes a ton of money with their spa treatments. The prices that they charge is slightly less when the ship is in port. So, maybe a $90 massage will only cost $65, which is probably what you would pay at a country club back home.

My wife was selected as a model for the seaweed wrap, which cost somewhere around $150 and she said she would be disappointed if she had to pay for it.
May 14th, 2003, 04:08 PM

Some ships have these fancy thermo pools in the Spa. (sorry I can't remember what they call them but it is something like thermo). They are giant hot tubs with lots of jets. There is a charge to use them. There are regualr hot tubs on the ship for no charge.

Massages cost about $100 for 50 minutes.