Reload this Page >

Star Princess any comments?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:28 AM
cruiser

I am considering a cruise on the Mexican Riviera in Feb on the Star Princess. We (husband and I) have only cruised the Caribbean, twice on Carnival, once on Costa. We liked both lines. <BR><BR>Any comments or opinions about this ship or the itinerary would be appreciated!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Sandra

If you enjoyed Cost and Carnival, you will LOVE the Star Princess. It is a cut above (more like two or three cuts above) the lines you have been on. Star Princess is a huge ship, with every imagineable amenity and service. Princess' Personal Choice dining allows you to eat wherever you wish (lots of choices, not all included in the fare), whenever and with whomever you like. Most people live this feature. Have a great time!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:37 AM
pat

Have you checked out the cruisecritic message boards? There are many comments over there, almost all positive. When are you going? We will be on the Feb 7 sailing!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:29 PM
cruiser

Thanks for the info Sandra and Pat. I'm looking at Feb 15 and will check out cruisecritic. <BR><BR>Does personal choice dining mean you can eat all meals (even in the &quot;regular&quot; dining rooms) when you choose? Or is it only in the certain dining rooms where you pay extra?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Peter

Keep the weather in mind. In February, the temp in L.A. can be a high in the upper fifties. You might not get warm weather until you hit Cabo. Same on the way back. Pack accordingly.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Patrick

Regarding Personal Choice (also called Anytime Dining), there are three main dining rooms, one traditional and two Anytime. These are standard cruise dining rooms, and there is no extra charge. In the Traditional, you will have first or second seating, a fixed table with constant wait staff and table partners.<BR><BR>In the two Anytime dining rooms, you can go when ever, and to whichever, you prefer. This includes making a standing reservation for the same station with the same table partners, if that's what you all choose to do.<BR><BR>Additonally, there are two additional dining rooms, one Italian and one Southwest, that have an additional charge ($15, and $8 respectively, I think). <BR><BR>Finally, there is the Horizon Court buffet, which is free, and assorted other opportunities, some of which have a charge (no, I DON'T want to start the ice cream issue!).<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Pat.