Shore Excursions Nice and Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our family of four (two kids 7 and 10) are planning a 7 night Western Med cruise on the Navigator of the Seas leaving from Civitavecchia early next summer. We are trying to determine which shore excursions to take off the ship. I think we can do Sardinia and Mallorca on our own but that we should pick an excursion for Nice and/or Barcelona since we have limited time. I was wondering if anyone has done any of the excursions and has any helpful info on them. Thanks.
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM

We are going back to Barcelona in 1 1/2 weeks and our guide, Auriello will take us to another area of Barcelona.. Last trip we saw all the Gaudi, the church, the Olympic area, etc. We found that with a guidewe saw more in one day than many people seek in a week..As for Nice, we loved Villafranche, but made a mistke by not taking the train to Eze.we did take the tourist trolley to Nice...lovely and charming.. a place where the kids might want to run around Oh yes. there was a fruit/veggie stand that you might want to pick up some items for the kids to snack.. Next year we are cruising from Civitecchia and have already hired the famous Claudio..for next November.. and he had already been booked the day before we wanted him so we are going in a day earlier. If you need more information on Barcelona [email protected]
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

ParrotMom Thanks for your response. I tried to email you but I had trouble with your email address. It didn't go through. My question was how did you find your guides? How do you know they are reputable?
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 06:30 AM

sorry.. [email protected]..... Found Auriellio and Michael several years ago on a recommendation from somebody on another board...He speaks perfect english as he was raised outside of NYC.. They are very busy and booking a year ahead is the smartest thing you can do..The minute I booked this cruise I tried to book the hotel and booked him.. Funny, is that I had found this particular itinerary.. after recommending him to somebody else on our cruise..He is very reliable.. I even have his cell number.. write me and Ill tell you more about him.. Everybody who has used him has been more than happy..he does more than Barcelona..
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM

A fully agree with ParrotMom.

If you can... get Michael. He is terrific and you will see a lot with this private tour guide.

You need a good guide to get you from point A to B, so you can maxmimize your time sight seeing.

I am sure Michael can meet you at the cruise ship.

There is sort of a tie up of traffic around the cruise ship because there is one way in and one way out.
The Government is putting in another outlet...which may be completed by the time you are there.

Have a good Time.

( Hello Boston !!)

Percy
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Hi Percy.. we are at it again..leaving for Barcelona on the 6th of Sept. and meeting up with Auriello and Michael. I think with two small kids Michael who is a father of small kids can take them somewhere where the kids can let off steam..lol finally getting to Morocco and Marakesh this trip...can;t wait to see the snake charmers..lol
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Have a good time ParrotMom and let me know about Morroco.

I always wanted to go there.

Sorry for the hijack of your posting ILuvLexie

Percy
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM

We are cruising Oct. 11 from Barcelona. It seems you suggest a private tour guide for the time there. We will arrive Friday evening and stay at a hotel Fri night. We can embark at noon on Sat. We have Sat. and until Sun at 4 p.m. docked in Barcelona before the cruise leaves. Would you suggest one of your guides and if so, do you have a contact number and approx cost? Thanks, Lyn
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:15 AM

Hi... try writing to Auriello BARCELONATAXI <[email protected]> Normally, we book him or Michael a year or so in advance..This trip he will pickus up at the airport, to the hotel, take a tour the next day and then the ship..lol.. If its not Auriello it might be Michael..they are wonderful and have received many thank yous about them.
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Percy...as it turns out Auriello will pick us up at the airport and then take us on a tour outside of Barcelona.. Michael will take us to the ship as they are both picking up cruise passengers that a.m.at our hotel. Im excited about Marakesh, because it is Ramadam so may not be as crowded. Normally we would do a private tour, but the general consensus is that it is too long an excursion (13 hours) and most people on the CC board have booked this excursion..plus I believe it is now sold out. Can you just see me with the snake charmers..
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM

ParrotMom

Well it sounds like you are in good hands when you hit Barcelona.

I cannot say enough about Michael ..he is truly terrific guy.

I remember when I booked him several months before I arrived in Barcelona off the cruise ship....I checked into the hotel (off the cruise ship) since I was staying extra days in Barcelona....

when I got to the hotel I called Michael and wondered if he would even remember ...

the phone rang at the other end and I said , "Is this Michael"

He said , "It is and this must be Percy"...any apprehension I may have had ,just vanished.

What a terrific tour guide he is.... in fact ParrotMom it was YOU who recommended him to me.

Thank You again

Percy
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM

One good turn deserves another and when you find a great guide recommended by another cruiser I believe in playing it forward...So,if need one in Rome..Claudio we have booked more than a year in advance...and he wasnt even available the date we wanted..lol. We are taking private tours in Lisbon and Ill let you know. I think Michael would be perfect for ILUVLEXIE and the two kids..He wrote me last year about his first cruise with his family...lol