shore excursions in Ocho Rios

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the 1st day of Sept. we have booked the 18th century plantation excursion and am wondering if anyone has gone on this and if so could tell us as much as possible about it and if it is an easy one for someone with knee problems? We also have booked our cabin on the Empress deck of the imagination torward the front of the ship is this a good one for first timers to cruising we got it for a really good price.
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:04 PM

I have been on the imagination but it has been about 10 years. . i believe we had a room on one of the lower decks.. the main or upper floor. We had an interior and I didn't have a problem with that. Also when we docked in Ocho Rios we took the Dunns River falls tour so I can't help you with the one you booked but i'm sure any tour you take there will be awesome. also it rained the whole time we were there but we still climbed the falls anyway. . it was very neat. Well have a great time. . will be something you will never forget. take lots of pictures!!

if you have any other questions let me know.. my sister inlaws just cruised the imagination back in January so they might be able to help you with more info if you need it.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Won't comment on the ship, but you may want to direct your question to www.cruisecritic.com There will be tons more traffic there than here! If you have knee problems, you definitely don't want to climb the falls! However, you can walk the dsteps and get in to swim/splash around at times. I have heard not great things about several excursions from the ship. honestly. The independant operators usually are a better choice- fewer waits, fewer crowds. We chose Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios and really enjoyed it. I sent a friend on the Enchantment last year. She hired a personal driver and he gave them a "tour" of many things there. They loved it. She had broken her ankle and was unable to do many walking/physical tours. Enjoy your cruise!
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:13 AM

My wife and I stayed in the exact location on the Imagination. It was our first cruise and the upgrade was only $50. Well, let me tell you, you can feel the ship rock from side to side at night, and it may sound comical, but I slid right off the bed and onto the cabin floor. This was in calm seas, by the way. I didn't get a good nights sleep the entire trip, which was for 4 nights.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM

The Imagination is an old tub. I hated the sister ship, and I hated my other Carnival cruise. No more.