Search

Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Greetings,

We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.

We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.

We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.

In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.

Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...

Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).

How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 06:10 AM

Hi. I've been on most all RCCl ships many times including twice on he Navigator. I suggest in Cozumel going jto Chakanaab Park. There is an entry fee, but it keeps riffraff off beaches and its very nice with a few trails, great snorkeling and rental gear, beach bars, dolphins and lots of cute iguanas. I don't know which excursion you picked in Cayman, but I don't suggest the ship's excursions. Too crowded! I suggest Captain Bryan or Captain Marvin's. Both are small, personal guides who give you a great tour. However, if you are worried about your budget, the cheapest and very good snorkeling is just a short walk from the cruise ship at Eden Rock. Google it and read the reviews. You walk to the right at the end of the dock past the Blue Iguana and you'll see the dive shop. Super nice guys who will help and watch out for you.

Dressy is whatever. I usually pack two dressy tops and a flows skirt or pants. They won't kick you out for not dressing up. It's your vacation! Go visit www.cruiscritic and find the roll call board. Find your sailing and register for a meet and mingle party. Fun way to get info on things and to meet people. If you've cruised Royal before, call them and make sure you get credit and join the Crown and Anchor society. You will get perks.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

We had a fabulous fabulous trip!! We are definitely cruise converts
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Hi Dawn, I recently went on a cruise that included a stop in Grand Cayman. If the family has any interest in snorkeling and stingrays, I had a great time going with Stingray sailing for a day outing to Stingray City and another snorkeling reef location. The best part for me is that they WILL NOT overcrowd their boat as the cruise line contracted one's do. http://www.stingraysailing.com/index.html

email contact is Michelle, the wife of the couple who own the business, hubby is the captain of the boat, Far Tortuga.

Have a blast!
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Hi hpeabody - we are actually beck we did go to stingray city! I have some great photos from it!!
I will try to link them
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9860504&type=3

Hopefully that works - we had a blast!!!
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM

LOL, I did not notice that you already went, Great!
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM

No, the link did not work
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Hpeabody I will try to do photo bucket.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

http://s363.photobucket.com/user/mom...%202013?page=1

Hope this works
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks for trying. I loved Stingray City. On FB, you may have some "friends" only setting on viewing your photo albums. I just get "This is a Private Album" on photo bucket. Sometimes these sites sure do make it hard