Reload this Page >

Poor service on Carnival Pride?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Jim Marrlino

I read on some of the Carnival Pride reviews (it was a minority of the reviews) that some room stewards told passengers what hours they worked and directed them to only contact them during those hours and that they would not remove things from the refrigerators and that they took 20 minutes to answer pages.<BR><BR>This seems unacceptable to me. I would not tip and I would write it down on the comment card. Is it just me or do these things indicate that Carnival’s tips-are-automatically-included policy result in poorer service?<BR>

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
richboy

Never been on the Pride but I would not tip one red cent with a room attendant like that. Let the little guy go back to his country with no tips.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Ron

Jim, I was on the Pride back in Jan. and had no problem in anyway. However this doesn't mean someone else didn't have.I have been on well over a dozen cruises and never had a cabin steward tell me his/ her hours. If they did, I think I might have to talk to someone about that.<BR>Go and enjoy. Don't look for/worry about what may or may not happen.<BR>I'm going back on the Pride this Sept.<BR>and expect a fine trip.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Kimberly

Hi Jim<BR><BR>I agree with Ron.<BR>I was just recently on the Pride in May and I had a wonderful time. I haven't experienced any problems with the steward service.<BR><BR>Enjoy your cruise

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Jim,<BR><BR>You will find that on all mass-market cruiselines the room stewards work only up to about 11:30 and then go to lunch. After lunch they will fold laundry or any other odd job that they are assigned. They come back to service cabins about 4:00PM. If you wish something special during those hours you will have to call room-service which is not usually the best on all massmarket cruise lines. Therefore it is best to make your requests known while the cabin steward is working. I always make sure I know when the cabin steward is going to lunch. I believe this is a good policy for them to now tell you especially if you wish to sleep late or spend the morning on your balcony and wish to have hour cabin made up. Most will agree to stay until noon for you.<BR> <BR>Don't you think it is a good policy for the above reasons?<BR><BR>You should also let your steward know that you wish to have your cabin turn-down service (if dining late) to be done when you are at dinner or the turn down service may occur in the late afternoon.<BR><BR>But please keep in mind the cabin stewards must also do the laundry and do not go to sleep at 9:00PM.<BR><BR>The stewards are instructed by their superiors to not clear the refrigerators. It gets too confusing for them. Sometimes they will just leave the bottles on top of the dresser and inventory them every day. You can do the same thing.<BR><BR>Cabin stewards are there to serve you but are not considered slaves.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Holly

We have been cruising for over 30 years. We were on the Carnival Spirit and removed the tips from the S&S card very early on (by day 3). We had the 2nd best dine room waiter ever (tip 150% reccommended) and worst cabin steward (tip 1/2 recommended in a cat 11 cabin) ever. I believe service is a "luck of the draw" thing but I realize TIP = to ensure prompt service. Perhaps the cabin steard had an ESL problem and should have phrased it "I am available XYZ. Please try to time your requests accordingly. We did not ask to have the fridge emptied although it would have been better as hubby is insulin dependent. I WILL in the future and WILL NOT accept no as an answer even if I have to go to the hotel seervices director.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:24 AM
VickiC

We were on the Pride 2/2/02 and had the worst cabin stewardess we have ever had in over 12 cruises. She was rude, had to be asked 2 or 3 times for anything. Did not get glasses in cabin until 3 day out. Dod not know if this was because of the tipping or what. Came home and wrote Carnival about it and they sent us a 10% discount coupon on our next cruise. Nice but I would rather have had better service.<BR>She did empty the refigerator after I asked her twice, but sure didn't want to. I am also insulin dependent and needed the space for my stuff.<BR>We will be on the new Carnival Legend in Sept. hope the service is beter. This is a 15 day trip, so if service is not good I will defiently not wait unti I get home to talk to somebody.<BR>Vicki

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:30 AM
xx

Why go back if you were not pleased with the service. Some of you people amaze me.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Elaine

On the Rhapsody last month, our steward introduced himself and said that if for some reason he wasn't available, there would be someone who would be. I think it was so that if we needed something, we wouldn't think we could only ask him. A couple of times we needed ice and <BR>another fellow got it for us and he was very pleasant (too) in the process. I think this covering for one another is a much better system than I remember on the Celebration a couple of years ago. No one but Your cabin steward wanted to even talk to you.