Not teenagers but still young

Old Mar 4th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not teenagers but still young

Two young (36years old) single women looking for a cruise vacation. What cruise lines would be good to consider for a destination of Alaska or the Caribbean?
Thanks for your help.
Mimitraveler
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Hi,

Well, it depends on your personal style and your budget. If we knew more about you, personally, and your tastes and preferences, it would be easier to recommend. But, here is some basic, generalized information for you.

Princess and Holland America are excellent premium cruise lines and their prices are similar to the moderate cruise lines, but service and quality are better. Princess is a more casual experience with beautiful teak, brass, marble floors, with a casual dining option, but ships are larger (around 2500-3000 people typically) and the cruise always seems busy and crowded - some people love the energy. Holland America is a classic experience with fresh tropical flowers, original artwork, wonderful service and food and wine. The ships are smaller with 1500-2000 people - HAL has been changing their onboard experiences and average guest age is much younger.

If you are looking more upscale or luxury, Regent Seven Seas is excellent. Wonderful food, all-suites with balconies, smaller ships (less than 1000 people), a modern and casual experience. Very few clients have been unhappy and/or unsatisfied with Regent.

Like it said, there is a cruise line for everyone, but it really helps to know some more information about preferences to make a solid recommendation.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM

36 is old enough to be a mother of a teenager!
Anyone call TA for cruises for singles
[email protected] and have fun~!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM

I'd agree that it would help if we knew a bit more about your tastes, budget and expectations.

I'm not sure I'd call Princess a premium line, especially now that they have been taken over by Carnival, but they would be a nice choice.

If you're fun loving and want more of a fun atmosphere on a budget, it's hard to beat Carnival. You get a lot for your money.

Royal Carribean and/or Princess would be a step above that, then perhaps Celebrity, etc.

Again, with a better idea for your budget and tastes I'm sure we can give you some added direction.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM

I also do not consider Princess a premium line. Certain niceties (Sommerliers for instance) do not exist on their ships. They are a mass market line like RCI.

HAL and Celebrity are premium lines, IME, but I think may be too sedate for you at 36 and single (and thinking back to my 36 and single days of cruising).

Carnival offers an active vacation for the casual cruiser. It can be a good value if its style suites you. If you like Vegas, you might really like Carnival. High energy, lots of action.

RCI has a wide range of ships and sizes and is also a good value in mass market cruising. I personally prefer them to Carnival as I think they are a step up in food, ships and service.

The big ships of Princess might also appeal. The new Crown has some nice itineraries from San Juan that might interest you.

Have fun!