Cruise for young, single-family

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:57 AM
Jill

Cruise for young, single-family

My boyfriend and I would like to take a cruise for the first time. We are a young couple, late 20s and early 30's, without children. Can anyone suggest a cruise line that is tailored to a younger crowd, but doesn't skimp on luxury? We are looking at going sometime in late winter, early spring.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
snorkelman

Try one of the newer Carnival ships or newer Royal Caribbean ships. Most of the other lines do not cater to people our age. I had someone suggest that I go on Celebrity, but I was the youngest person on the ship (at 28 years old). Although Carnival and RCCL are not traditionally as "upscale" as some other lines, I promise that you will have more fun on these two lines. Pretty much, if you go on the newer, more expensive ships that these 2 lines have, you will get a more sophisticated crowd. Fod example, a 7 day cruise on Carnival Pride (2002 ship) will be more luxurious than on the Carnival Fantasy (1991 ship), which just takes 3 or 4 day jaunts to the Bahamas.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Jill

Thanks snorkelman, I'll look into those lines. I've heard the food on these cruise lines is wonderful, do you know if either of these lines offer great cuisine? Again, I hope I'm not expecting too much out of a younger crowd pleasing cruise line....

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Jill,

Food depends on taste. RCCL and Carnival do not have gourmet food. I find the appetizers and desserts are great on RCCL. The entrees are more varied and better (on the whole) on Carnival. Carnival has better cream soups and the entire menu taste is more consistent. The presentation is good on both lines. I find the buffets on Carnival are better and getting even better on Carnival. I'll take the NY Deli's and Asian counters great on the new ships of Carnival. Also the new food-court venue with no lines.

Remember, if you do not care for your item, feel free to send it back.

Before I get trounced, this is my opinion, of course.

Paul

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Peter

My advice for a young, energetic couple would be to try the Voyager class ships from RCCL. Do a search on the Explorer, Voyager or Adventure of the Seas on this board or others to see other's opinions. These are activity-oriented ships that are considered "destinations" in themselves. No others ships offer rock climbing, in line skating, ice skating, full court basketball and one of the nicest mini-golf courses land or sea. Throw in the Promonade and you've got ships that the other lines can't touch. The food and service may not be the best, but its some of the best.