New Year's cruise

Search

New Year's cruise

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's cruise

Hey out there; anyone else booked for the Dec 28 sailing? What's the weather going to be in the Progresso/Cozumel/Belize area? Any sugestions for type of clothes? Sweaters or short sleaves? Or both? Also, any tips on shore excursions? We're full of questions. Hopes to hear from you. Deckhand
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 12:20 PM

deckhand:
Pack the summer clothes!
Where do you leave from? What ship?
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 01:28 PM

Definitely summer clothes! It can get really hot - pack tank tops and shorts!

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 05:26 AM

Be careful deckhand, before you take Theresa's advice you need to consider Cruisers question. Where is your ship sailing from. I've been on New Years cruises that left from Miami and the first two days and the last two days (coming and going) we cold (50's and 60's). If you leave from a port as far south as San Juan I would agree with Theresa, otherwise take some warmer things as well.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 05:58 AM

We took a New Year's cruise last year out of Tampa to Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Cayman. Mostly shorts & polo shirts. It did get chilly a couple of the at-sea days, and since we were going to tender in at Grand Cayman, they had to cancel because of rough seas. Just bring a sweater for the evenings.

In Belize, we did not take the excursion. I was considering the cave tubing. We just went ashore, looked at all the trinkets for sale, and went to a place next door called the Wet Lizard. Had a couple of beers on their outside deck and their coconut was excellent -- I highly recommend it.
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. We're sailing from Galveston to the Western Carribean. Have looked up port information/weather forcasts, and it looks like it will be in the 70's in Mexico. Any advice on what to do in Progresso?