Clothes for Baltic Cruise

Jun 14th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Clothes for Baltic Cruise

Hi,
My husband and I are going on a 12 day Baltic Cruise during the last 2 weeks of August (Royal Caribbean). We've travelled a lot in Europe, so I know what to bring for our days off the ship (layering, some rainproof gear etc, a warm top...). My question is on the ship and specifically in the ship (There are 4 sea days.). Is it warm, cool, air conditioned? At this time of the year - short sleeves and shorts during the day? In the evening, in the dining room, bars, entertainment - long sleeves? sweaters or an upper layer? I have no idea what the temperature will be on ship (not outside on the decks).
The only other cruise we were on was to the Caribbean in August and it was hot!
I'd be glad to get some input from anyone who has done this cruise sometime during the last few years.
Thanks!
Jun 14th, 2018, 07:32 AM

We cruised the Baltic in late July - daytime outdoor temps range from low-60's to high 70's F. On board ship interiors were fully air conditioned so on some days it was comfortable in short sleeve shirts, other days we were more comfortable in long sleeves. A lot depended on what outside temps were on any given day. We always felt more comfortable wearing long sleeves in the evening. bring a sweater or light cover up if you are prone to always feeling cold.

Likewise when outdoors on sea days some people wore shorts others found breezes made it seem a bit cool so long sleeves were the order of the day.
Jun 14th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. That's what I thought more or less but i wanted to check. I'm always cold in air conditioned rooms so I'll takQuick Replye that into account.
Jun 14th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Original Poster

Oops, what happened to my answer? I must have accidentally pasted something in.
Jun 20th, 2018, 07:30 PM

For a Baltic Cruise, light clothes are the most appropriate and sandals for footwear.

Search this Thread