Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

What clothes should I bring for Feb Western Carribean cruise?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Melissa

I know this might sound like a dumb question but I have never cruised before. Will it be cool at night on deck? Also, how formal do you dress for dinner? We will be cruising on the Carnival Triumph and I'm sure some of the info may be in our travel documents but we won't be getting those for another week and I need to start shopping for clothes. Thank you all!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:12 PM
alyssa

Hi Melissa,<BR><BR>I was on a western caribbean last week and for the most part is was hot! Nights got a little cool but only enough to maybe warrant a light sweater but even comfortable with just a long sleeved shirt. Labadee and Jamaica were hot &amp; muggy as we cruised to Grand Cayman and Cozumel it was still hot but not as humid. I think Jamaica was close to 90 the day we were there so I would think as you get closer to the summer it would just get hotter.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Melissa

Thanks Alyssa! I figured it would be hot but wasn't sure. Anyone know about the attire for dinners?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Lois

Hi Melissa.. some cruises have very formal dinners.. a cocktail dress..and suit and tie for men.. but I think some are not so dressy anymore either.. probably depends on the cruise line..I would probably say..&quot;dressy casual&quot;--does that make sense to you?.. You said you are going on Carnival.. I am sure a nice pants suit would be fine..but I dont know what your &quot;style&quot; is.. If you like getting dressed up I am sure that would be fine as well..<BR>Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Paul Therault

I believe people that live in the upper part of the U.S. will be hot day and night in the Caribbean whether on deck or not. Our family has never taken any coverups. <BR><BR>Another rule of thumb is .... if you are always chilly when everyone else is sweating do bring a sweater or sweatshirt. Especially on the air conditioned ship. <BR><BR>Paul