Search

Cruise Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Questions

Our family would like to go on a cruise in the summer . I have selveral questions.It would be a Bahamas cruise. We want to leave from Port Canaveral. The child want to see the space center.

1. Dinning do we need special clothes or are short ok to din in? we are very casual people

2. Do the ports of call take bank card or do we need to bring cash?

3.What is the weather begining of July?

4.do all ships have washing machines on board?

5. Do all ships have a beverage/pop card? Hoe much does pop run on a ship.

Any help would be great

Carol
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM

We have left from Port Canaveral several times. Keep in mind the ships that do 3-4 day cruises will have younger people who can't afford a longer cruise and who usually party a lot more. The Glory is a Carnival ship, 7 day cruises, I would not hestitate to reccomend.If you are driving, I can give you info on a very nice hotel in Port Canveral. Email me at [email protected] for info, subject 'cruising'.
1. Shorts are not allowed in the dining rooms for dinner. Breakfast & lunch allow them. For dinner you can always go to the buffet (Ugh!).
2. Most ports accept Visa or Mastercard. Not all accept American Express. We're not shoppers so usually take cash for a T shirt or souvenir.
3.Alaska may be chilly and wet - never been on a cruise there. The Caribean is always good weather year round.
4.Not all do. Most of the newer ones have them. All have laundry services if you don't mind paying $1.50 to wash a hankerchief!
5.Most do but have never gotten one so don't know the price.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM

3. The Bahamas will be hot in July. Very hot.

What ship are you thinking of? How many days?
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

We are thinking a 4 day cruise. I would like to go the end of May when school is out. Daughter would still be 14, she would fit better in the teen program, she would not fit in the older teen program. Husband would have to take vaction, he has vaction the 4th of July week. The one thing our daughter would like to do is a dolphin encounter.
We would fly down,we are from Nebraska. So if we want to go to the space center in Port Canaveral we would either have to come before the cruise or stay after. We would have to figure out how to get there from the air port.
So only if you eat in the dinning room you can not wear short? So are skorts or capris OK?
We still do not know what ship to take. I went on a crusie over 15 years ago before I was married. I was on a Carnival but I do not remember alot, and I am sure alot has changed.
Are the tours a good way to go? We just need to go the a travel agents and talk to them. It is hard because my husband and I work differnt hours.
Any help would be great?

Carol
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 03:58 AM

Give a call to some cruise-agents and check your wishes.
Many lines still have a formal night and donot allow shorts in the diningroom at night.
A good agent can tell you all about it.
Often you can call them at night or send them an e-mailwith your questions:

http://www.cruisesbydeb.com/index.php

http://www.mycruisevalue.com/v3/index.asp

http://www.onlinevacationcenter.com/