New Years Eve Cruise

Search

New Years Eve Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Years Eve Cruise

I am thinking of booking a eastern Caribbean cruise out of Florida for over New Years Eve. Does anyone have any experience with cruising at this time of year? Thanks for your help.....
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 01:57 PM

It's a great time of year to cruise--warm weather, calm seas, clear nights.

However, if you can wait a week, you'll be able to have the same experience for significantly less money. Why?

New Year's Eve is about getting dressed up and having a big party with champagne and a bunch of people. Every night on a cruise is a big party with champagne and a bunch of people (if you want it to be), and you'll have a couple of formal nights where you can dress up. However, as holiday sailings are more in demand, you tend to pay a lot more for the same ship/cabin/itinerary as non-holiday sail times.

That said, cruise prices are down this year, so you may not see as much of a difference as years past. My recommendation would be to check the prices and see how much of a premium you're paying for being on board over New Year's and decide if it's worth it. Check http://www.CruiseCompete.com (competitive bid pricing site) for the best rates so you can save whenever you go.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:00 AM

I agree with triathlete, you'll pay a lot more just because it is the holiday. The only "extra" you'll get, is some "free" (not really, you're paying for it in the increased fare) champagne.

Your airfare, if you're flying, will also be higher as well.

Another thought, since you're sailing from Florida is that this time of year you could sail in colder weather than you think. We sailed on a cruise in early January where the first two days out of Miami were barely in the 50's. Cruises leaving farther south, like San Juan are usually a little cheaper, warmer, and the lower cruise fare compensates for a slight increase in airfare to San Juan... just some thoughts, and have fun.
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM

If you do not like to be around hordes of kids, I strongly suggest you choose a different week.

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM

Hold's got a point. I was thinking my New Year's cruise left from Miami when it was actually San Juan. I think you're likely to have decent weather pverall bit may be a little chilly the first & last day.

I did a cruise out of New Orleans that was freezing the first and last day--would not recommend that as a winter get-away...