Nervous about carnival

Apr 14th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Karen

Nervous about carnival

My husband and I, along with another couple, are going on carnival's pride in June. We have been on several cruises, mostly RCCL. I wanted to try RCCL's explorer, but was disappointed that the itinerary was exactly the same as before and we've been to the islands a couple of times (western and eastern. OUr friends wanted to try some new islands and found carnival's pride goes to Belize City and Progresso, Mexico. We decided to book with them as we heard from many people that Carnival has changed and is really quite good now. The last time I went on carnival was about 10 years ago when I was in college and it was gaudy and the food was pretty bad. I am excited about cruising with friends and seeing some new islands, but a bit nervous about carnival. Anyone have some feedback?

Apr 14th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Holly

Was on the spirit 12/01. Carnival has very much changed in the last 10 years. Very few kids on this cruise but you will get more in June. No college drinkers/rowdies. Average age was probably 55-65. Food was some of the best we have had in 7 cruises over 32 years. Note: we are beef/seafood nuts. Belize was very interesting. We did ship tour :Rio Wallace river/Altun Ha Mayan site combo at $65/pp. This is a new port for cruises. not much shopping/beach stuff. It is into sdventure/eco type touring. Do your homework on the ports and you will NOT be disappointed.

Apr 14th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Karen,

Do not fear Carnival. If you enjoy cruising and like to have fun on vacation you will enjoy your cruise.
I have cruised 73 times and I find that Carnival is the best value, the most fun and just about the best food.

I also will sail the Pride in June.
The Western itinerary is excellent.

I will again dive the barrier reef in Belize. The vis is over 100 feet. I believe Belize is one of the best kept secrets in diving.

I have never been to Progresso/Merida/Uxmal and am looking forward to the area.

Happy cruising,

Paul

Apr 14th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Theresa

I hear Pride is an awesome ship.

It is also Carnival's elite ship. I would sail her in a heartbeat and I haven't sailed Carnival in 4 years.

Apr 16th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Victoria

We were on the Pride 2/2/02 and she is an awesome ship. We did Western Carib and loved the new ports. If I can answer any questions you might have let me know.
Vicki

Apr 16th, 2002, 07:51 PM
xx

Listen to Paul he should know he works for them.

Apr 17th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Paul Therault

Quite an intelligent post XXxxx. Your comment certainly has added quite a bit to this thread.

Paul

Apr 18th, 2002, 01:16 PM
xx

Almost as much as yours. At least I don't try to scare people with life threatening comments.

Apr 19th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Paul Therault

I work in the industry and am not employed by Carnival. I simply state what is published. Carnival is the best value in cruising.

Paul

Apr 20th, 2002, 11:29 AM
an Agent

You will love the Carnival Pride, she is a beautiful ship. I have heard nothing but good feed back about her.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:54 PM
Peter

I know Paul is a fan of Carnival but be sure of the people you want to cruise with. If you want a good example of the type, go to this thread:
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...4&m=8363083405

Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:24 PM
Proud TA

I have to agree with Paul on this one. I have been cruising and selling Carnival for over 15 years.
They are the best value in cruising and their service, especially food and entertainment keeps getting better and better.
Of course, they are not for everyone.
That is why they also own Holland America, Costa, Windstar, Seabourn and Cunard.