NCL Noregian Wind to Alaska

Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCL Noregian Wind to Alaska

Hi,
We have booked an Alaska Cruise on NCL Norwegian Wind out of Vancouver in September and wondered if anyone had travelled either this route or on this ship. Can you help with shore excursions suggestions and budgets for ship drinks etc.
Thanks
Emma
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:11 AM

You need to look over a shore excursion list and narrow down your interests, there are WAY too many excellent tours to recommend. This is not the place to skimp and budget fully, you get only half a trip without them. Flights are always on my list, maybe yours too? I never book ship excurisons and always direct with venders, always superior tours with more personal attention and smaller groups.

I have gone on NCL to Alaska, great with the freestyle, I'll be on the Wind in May. When in Sept?? Past the first week you have the potential for the worse weather of the sailing season, be well prepared in your attire.

NCL drinks went up on my recent Dawn sailing, about $8/drink, don't know if this is fleet wide but probably.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. We have had to go 10th September due to other commitments so have our fingers crossed it won't be too bad!
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 11:32 PM

We are sailing on the Wind in June.

Do you book tours with the vendors in advance or when you arrive in port?

What time can you board the ship in Vancouver?
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:56 AM

Sometimes you can board by 1pm, myself, I am never in a rush to get on the ship, always lines early and prefer to sightsee Vancouver and board around 3pm.

ALWAYS have plans and reservations in place before you go, if you are looking for independent tours. You will have little available at the dock and you are wasting valuable touring time.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM

We have taken two Alaska cruises..One with HAL and one with NCL. Both were in Sept. (my birthday month and our anniversary month). The weather was perfect both trips, a little nippy but just what I expected for Alaska.
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Original Poster

Me too! Birthday 40th Wedding Anniversary 10th! Any tips for the cruise as in trips to book etc. We went for NCL as seemed more casual and as we are following the cruise with a self drive to the Rockies we thought the fewer clothes to carry the better! WQould love to here what you thought of your cruise even if not good as then we will be prepared! But some good points would be nice as its a celebration trip!
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:02 PM
pat

You might want to read the reviews at www.shipreviews.com. If I had read that site first, I would have avoided the ship I was on.