Just got bumped. What should I expect?

Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
Carib_Ian

Just got bumped. What should I expect?

We had booked the Seabourn for a December 2005 voyage and now it's been cancelled for a private charter. Nothing has been communicated to me yet by my TA but I wanted to know what usually happens in a case like this.

Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM

I don't know what "usually" happens, but I don't think you'vre suffered any damages that are worth compensations, given that you have a year to plan another trip.
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:43 AM

WE got bumped once. had back to back cruises planned. NCL called us less than a week before bumped cruise. They moved us from Norway, inside, to balcony cabin on Sun and refunded ALL money for 1st cruise. At 1st they said they couldn't refund port tax but I was persistent and they did. You have plenty of time to plan another cruise - before of atfer bumbed one?
Dec 11th, 2004, 08:12 PM

Ask your TA to call Seabourn; Seabourn should offer you an alternative cruise for the same itinerary and possibly an on-board credit. Cruise lines do charter cruises, especially this far in advance, but they usually accomodate passengers who have already booked. We have cruised Seabourn many times and the one time our cruise was chartered the compensation was most generous.
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:39 AM

Since your cruise is a year away, not sure that there will be any compensation?? Maybe...At least you have lots of time to look at alternative sailings. If your TA is one of the largest booking agents for Seabourn than my guess is yes, you may get some small compensation.
Dec 13th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Carib_Ian

Thanks. I want to clarify that I am not looking for $$ compensation. I was wondering if the cruise line would give us an alternate cruise to choose from. It's disappointing because this itinerary was just want I wanted.

Jan 12th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Carib_Ian

Just a follow-up: Seabourn is offering us a 20% discount on an alternate cruise and a $250 shipboard credit.