Reload this Page >

Inch of Gold worth it?

Search

Inch of Gold worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Carl

Inch of Gold worth it?

I saw the Inch of gold and Inch of Silver desk on my last cruise. Man that is some cheap crap! What is funny is all the people buying it! That stuff will turn your skin either black or green. I Promise.<BR><BR>Don't waste your money. And please do not think that anyone on earth will enjoy that as a gift.<BR><BR>By the way, why would anyone ever buy that Inch of Silver anyway? You can get real silver dirt cheap anyway.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:42 PM
cd

Actually, I did buy the Inch of gold necklace and bracelet a year ago and have worn and enjoyed them a few times. They were not expensive and as yet have not turned my skin green.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 04:23 AM
Green

Of course they are not expensive (they always cost $1-$4 per inch). This is jewelry for the uneducated person shopping for jewelry. Yes this crap is even cheaper than what you will find at your usual jewelry store (Wal-mart).

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:27 AM
man

You are correct it is crap but its only a dollar an inch. The real stuff is also crap, its only a "precious" metal because they restrict the amount in the market. There's enough gold on this planet for us all to have a bar each.<BR><BR>So if you want to spend $20 an inch on the real stuff go ahead, I think I know who's being ripped off.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:47 AM
Jewel

Man is ignorant. I promise you that if you wear your inch of gold when you are in the pool, shower or even while you sweat, it will turn your skin black or green. 14 or 18k will not do that. Gold plated will.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:42 AM
Igot

no. It is just cheap crap. boycott inch of gold.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:01 PM
Annette

Sorry you have had such bad luck with your inch of gold....I had a ankle bracelet made on our first cruise in 95 & it has never turned my ankle green...I wear it all summer...even went as far as having a new clasp put on it last year. BUT hubby also buys me a ring when we go to St. Thomas so I guess it just goes to show that not all people are cheap

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:27 AM
man

Jewel read my point again. I suggest they are both crap for totally differing reasons.<BR> Where's the ignorance?